Page thirty-two

My chest still hurts with every breath I took, it was like fire had entered my lungs. Athena was by my side the whole time looking at me with extreme concern in her eyes she had me sip some tea every twenty minutes. I didn't want to think about what happened, she didn't seem to want to talk about it either.

"They are really after you," she half whispered. I looked over at her, I was still so tired but I was too afraid to go back to sleep. "It's not just those fey's," she bit her lip. "It's something worst then them. I think in your stories they call them bears, but they are much worst then that. They bring only darkness." She shook her head and wrapped her arms around herself. I let out a shaky breath, the bears from the legends? I looked at her curiously.

"There was some sitting on you when I came in the room holding you down and hissing in your face. It was dark like a 3D black shadow just sitting there pinning you breathing on your face tightening it's grips whenever you moved. I didn't want to alarm you at first. I didn't even know what it was until now. See the legend calls it a bear cause that's the form it used to take until it got corrupted by darkness," she scratched the back of her head. I swallowed hard.

"What are we going to do Athena?" I croaked, my throat still burned. She just shook her head. "It called me an abomination," I half choked on that last word I was really starting to believe I was an abomination. Everyone seems to call me that now.

"You aren't one." Athena said simply, she looked at me with more intensity. "Luna, trust me you aren't in abomination. I don't know what's going on but we'll figure something out." I began to chew on my lip I don't know how this is ever going to be fixed I mean I'm banned from my pack, I can't see my mate without the insanity taking over , and there's some crazy beasts attacking me. Athena's face had seemed to soften,instead though she wasn't making snide remarks to me or calling me stupid. Guess that's a bonus.

"Okay, I'll get you more tea here." I think she was just doing that because she didn't want to look at how pathetic and sad I was. l was still wrapped up in English ivy, peace lilies were still place lately on my chest I can finally breathe now my chest wasn't burning. Athena quickly stood up and scurried over to her kitchen busying herself at the tea. I Just laid on the couch quietly trying not to emerge myself into the nightmarish thoughts of the beast that on my chest. I don't know what to think, I don't know how I should feel or be anymore my life is completely over. I know it sounds like I'm overreacting but honestly I don't know what to do I want to cry but, I don't want to cry in front of her. I feel so weak.

"You can probably take the plants off, you seem a lot better now," Athena called out from the kitchen. I did as she told i carefully placed the peace Lillie's on the table beside the couch, the ivy still clung closely to my body. As gently as I could I slowly removed it from my body, I looked over at Athena who was still busying herself with the tea. The Ivy seemed to be alive I mean I guess I didn't think about it before. They were clinging to me hugging my body ever so softly I'll have to ask Athena about it.

As if on cue Athena looked over at me and said, "yeah they are alive there a special kind of ivy all plants have a soul but some have more spirit to move on their own I know it's kind of creepy." It was as if she had read my mind. I shook my head and just continue to pry Ivy off my body and gently place it with the lilies I don't know where else to put it. "Don't worry I'll take care of them just keep them on the table. So the tea is almost done. This tea is a special tea that my grandma used to make for me whenever I had bad dreams. I know you didn't have a bad dream but maybe it'll help?"

"Thank you." I didn't know what to say to her. I mean what do you say when something so crazy just happened when your world has been turned upside down. Maybe talk about weather? "There's a lot of snow hey." It was a really stupid thing to say, I instantly regretted it and cringed inwardly.

I heard her chuckle in the background, she wasn't being as sarcastic and snide which was nice. "yeah I guess you could say there is a lot of snow, are you feeling alright? You don't seem to be as talkative as when I first met you."

"I have a lot on my mind." That wasn't untrue. Honestly I didn't want to think at all I just wanted to forget everything. Forget my pack, my old friends, my old life and especially forget Emmett. My heart began to pound. What if that thing came for Emmett? "Uh, Athena that thing- the shadow, it wouldn't go to my mate would it?"

Athena but her lip, "I don't think so, I think most of it is targeted at you." I let out a sigh of relief. At least Emmett is safe.