Page fourty

Luna I don't, I don't think I'm ready for you to see me. Emmett couldn't even look at me. I knew you were my mate from the moment I turned thirteen. He swallowed hard.

You knew? I was dumbstruck. He nodded slowly.

I used to tell my mom how pretty I thought you were when I was little. When you and I actually were close. That's when everyone started interfering and pushing me away from you. I wish I never told anyone. I saw tears stream down his face. I quickly wiped them away and held him closer he seemed to be sinking though, or maybe I was floating higher. Suddenly it was like I couldn't even touch him. His body seemed to slip from me. Luna I don't deserve purity. Sinners don't get innocents.

He was slipping away from me. Emmett. That's all that could come out of my mouth. I didn't know what to say blank white space seemed to be getting darker. Those strings pulling us together looked flimsy and week. His body seemed to sink lower.

EMMETT! I shouted his name as loud as I could this black white space was quickly filling with blackness it was like dye spreading throughout. Please Emmett don't pull away from me, this is just...these rules are just. I couldn't even fathom him leaving me here. Please, I held on tighter. My eyes began to welt up with tears. I saw him glanced up at me.

Don't cry. Please don't cry over me. He stopped sinking, he didn't rise or anything. He just simply stopped sinking.

Emmett forget about the insanity and the rules, you and I belong together. I swallowed hard I felt my face heat up. I was about to say three words I've never told any other boy. The words trembled on my lip. I love you Emmett, I love you with all my heart and soul, I've always loved you even if I tried to push those feelings away. It's not even the fact that you are my mate. I love you. I felt my heart pound in my chest, Emmett was quick to come to my level. Everything that was pulling him down was now vanishing. He pulled me into his chest laying my head near his heart. I felt tears fall onto the top of my head.

This heart pumps for you and only you. I love you too Luna and nothing would make me happier then to have you be with me, connected forever. He lifted my chin up and pressed his soft lips against mine. Fireworks exploded in my mind I wrapped my arms tightly around him. I never want to let him go. I looked down at the silver strings that attached us. They had thickened and turned more into cords holding us close together.

Emmett pulled away from the kiss and held me close to him. The darkness inside the space was clearing up and turning more into the regular world. I saw his and I's body. I bit my lip, time to head back into the real world.