Page twenty-seven

"Luna, I don't understand what's going on," Rose sighed, I glanced over at her. We were sitting in her room sprawled out on her floor deciding what I would wear for tomorrow. She looked at me with concern clouding her eyes. I tilted my head to the side. "I mean Emmet and you, he hurts you and then you kiss him?"

I chewed my lips. "Rose that's kind of how we are." I couldn't remember if I told her about Emmett and I. I bit my lip contemplating wether I should tell her just yet. "Emmett and I's relationship is a bit complicated," I swallowed hard.

"Are you two dating?" She croaked. Her eyes stared at me in horror.

"No, not really." She let out a sigh of relief.

"I can handle you kissing him, you have the right to kiss whoever but to date him? That is just plain crazy." She giggled I let out a shaky laugh. I felt bad not telling her everything but she was too innocent to understand the situation at hand.

"So what should I wear tomorrow to make a huge comeback at school."

I saw her eyes sparkle with excitement, at least I know this will distract her. I was really not looking forward to school, mainly cause I think that crazy girl Emily had something to do with that spa. Also I didn't want to be bombarded with questions as to why I didn't have my party and why I missed so much school. There is no way Rose would have told them anything so I had figure out a lie on my own.

"I think I have the perfect thing," Rose sprang up from the floor and danced her way to her wardrobe. She began to throw things out of the drawers wildly. A sea of different color clothes raining from the sky.

"Black thigh high socks with a high waisted pleated skirt and a see through lace blouse with an adorable Peter Pan color," she giggled and passed me the clothing. I smiled, leave it to Rose to dress me up basically like a doll. I wonder if Emmett will like it, I felt my face heat up and I looked away from Rose.

"I love it," I smiled at her, she nodded her head and sat down beside me. "What are you going to wear?" I tilted my head to the side, Rose was always a girly dresser -not that I hate dressing like a girly- much more feminine.

"Oh course, I got this new dress and it is so perfect!" I let her babble on nodding and making small murmurs like I was really listening. I wanted to talk to Emmett. No scratch that I need to, life of the pack actually depended on it. I heard a faint knock at the door and my heart fluttered, I scrambled to my feet and shoved the clothing under Rose's bed. Not that he would be able to figure out which outfit was mine. It looked like a war zone with all this clothing. Still I wanted to surprise him with looking nice tomorrow. I quickly skipped to the door and yanked if open.

There he was, my heart fluttered he smiled and his face seemed to have heated up.

"May I speak with Luna?" He peered in, I saw Rose's cheeks begin to redden and she nodded.

I turned and smiled at her. "I'll be back soon," and with that I slipped out of her room. I peered up at Emmett who's face seemed a bit flushed, it was interesting to see him like this. Much different from his usually serious scowl.

"I don't want you gone," he looked down at me. "I... I want to apologize for my behavior," he began to walk down the hall and I quickly followed right at his heel. There was only a brief moment where I felt ridiculous, that foolish girl following the guy who is nice once in a blue moon, but it was quickly eradicated from my mind.

We said nothing until we were standing outside. The sun had already set, the sky was a dark black sheet tonight the usually bright moon tucked behind some big dark clouds. Emmett turned towards me his amber eyes sparkled even with out the light.

"Luna, I don't want you gone but being here-" he motioned at the house. "It's making every one sick." I felt the tears well up, of course he was going to take me down this emotional rollercoasted. "You aren't causing it." He quickly said obviously noticing the tears spilling from my eyes. "We together our," he swallowed hard and looked up at the sky. "That's why, I should leave. You stay here, you don't deserve punishment."

"You can't leave! You, you have a job!" I grabbed his hand and pulled him towards me. "If you leave I'm coming with you!"

"I don't want to hurt you anymore."

"You'll hurt me more if you leave." I couldn't believe he was saying these things. Did he really think that him leaving would be any better? "Emmett we will figure this out, we can keep a bit of distance for now until we get this insanity out." I looked up at him and I couldn't wash away that hopefulness in my eyes. He nodded and softly caressed my cheek.

"I'm such a fool," he whispered gruffly.