Page 30

I began walking through the forest not even shifting into my wolf form, I felt empty and hallow. I didn't return to the pack house to retrieve my things. I just walked through the forest the wind was blowing harder now whipping away my tracks and scent. I sniffled slightly and shivered, not because I was cold but because I felt so dead inside. My mind was racing with all the things that have gone wrong.

I kept walking with no real destination in my mind. I was holding back tears, I can't cry anymore. I looked up at the towering trees who shook violently with the wind, shards of snow racing through the wind and plummeting to the ground. The sky was clouded with angry dark clouds blocking out the moon and the stars. My wolf was silent, I hadn't spoken to her in a while. I had so many questions to ask her and yet I was never able to build up the courage to ask her. I looked back down at the white blanket of snow that kept getting higher and higher.

I continued walking through the forest, where was I even going? My feet just seemed to carrying me without my brain telling them the direction I should go. Suddenly I saw a cabin, for some odd reason I walked to it. The lights were on and the chimney was coughing up grey smoke. The door swung open and a familiar flame of red hair popped out of the open door. The dress maker, she looked at me and rolled her eyes.

"If it isn't the little wolfy! I haven't seen you in a while."

"I am not a wolf," I croaked. I shook off some of the snow that was covering me and I just heard her sigh.

"Would you care to come in, I just put on a pot of fresh tea." She looked at me expectingly, "well come on now, you don't look like you got anywhere else to go."

I swallowed hard and began to walk to the house.

"I'm not going to bite you hurry up." She tapped her foot impatiently. Her hair was tied up in a messy bun and she wore a tight fitting black tank top and long grey oversized cardigan and black tights she was bare footed her feet resting against the glossy dark wood. A bit of snow blew into her cabin.

"Thank you," I almost whispered scampering up the stairs and sliding into her warm house. The fire flickered softly in the corner a cluster of leather couches and chairs surrounding it. The walls were covered with shelves of books. The shelves looked almost like a part of the wooden cabin. The girl closed the doors behind her.

" I'll go get the tea, sit if you want," she said whilst padding over to her kitchen, "or you can continue to stand there gawking like an idiot," she grumbled. I watched as she busied herself with the screaming kettle removing it from the heat and setting it onto the marble counter, I walked over to the leather couch and sat down the fires warmth licking at my cold body. Who was this girl anyways.

"Athena by the way, I realize I never even told you my name." She grumbled as she continued to prepare the tea for us.

"I am Lun-" she cut my off by hold up her hand and speaking.

"I know who you are Luna, I wouldn't invite you in if I didn't at least know name."

"Right, sorry. Thank you for my dress by the way. I looked amazing, I didn't have any photos taken of me however."

"Did it take away some of that damn mistletoe poison? Damn Fay's or whatever those things call em selves, honestly they are just pest. Pest is really what we should call them. They would probably just start spazzing out though," I heard her sigh. I looked over at her with bewilderment. What was this human rambling on about?

She finished the tea preparation and brought over the tea cups and set one in front of me I picked up the large rounded cup that had a soft lilac floral pattern wrapped around the tip I brought the scolding hot liquid to my lip and took a sip it's warmth spreading through my body the taste of peppermint lingered on my tongue. I smiled contently and took another sip.

"You know little wolf I've been waiting for a while." I furrowed my brows in confusion, what did she mean by that?