Page twenty-four

It felt like hours had passed when I heard someone walk into my room.

"Oh my god, Luna!" I heard Hunters voice break through my darkness. He picked me off the floor and held me close. "You're going to be okay." He began to stroke my damp hair. "Don't worry babe."

"I have to leave the pack," I stammered trying to hold him close.

"No you don't, I won't ever let you leave," he kissed my forehead softly.

"Hunter, Emmett asked me to leave," my eyes filled with tears again. "He doesn't care about me, he was going to reject me."

"Don't worry about that right now Luna. It'll be alright."

"Why did you come to my room anyways?" I wiped my tear drenched eyes.

"I came to apologize. I'm sorry that I was so rude to you. It's just that, I can see the insanity stirring again. No one wants to repeat history."

"I don't know what do Hunter."

"It's okay Lu, we'll get through this, I won't let you leave this pack. I mean you're the cutest girl in the entire pack. No way am I letting any other pack have you."

A giggle burst through me. "There's the smile I was looking for," he smiled nudging me softly. I sniffled and nodded my head, Hunter made me feel safe.

"Why is your hair wet," he looked at me confused.

"I took a shower."

Hunters face scrunched up in confusion. "And Emmett was there....?"

I giggled again, "kinda." I wanted to take my mind off Emmett. I didn't want to sit here mopping and crying. "Hunter could you get me some ravioli I really don't want to leave my room right now."

He let out a chuckle and shook his head. "Sure think snow flake."

"I'm not a snow flake!" I growled trying to fight back the smile that was creeping under my hostility. I chucked a pillow at the back of his head and he dramatically fell to the ground.

"You've wounded me, oh god Luna you're a monster," He yelled dramatically while laughing.

"Stop being such a butt," I giggled while shaking my head.

"I'll go get that ravioli." He got back up and quickly left my room.

Honestly I have just cried far to much I'm surprised I haven't ran out of tears. I went for thinking we have a chance to him telling me to leave in three seconds. He was sending my emotions on a roller coaster and for some reason I kept going back thinking it'll be different. I rolled my eyes and grabbed the brush and began to comb through trying to detangling all the strands of hair. My hair was beginning to frizz. I sighed and got up to go plug in my flat iron. I will curl it in the morning I guess. I stretched my arms upward, my body groaned in protest. I padded my way back into my room and slumped into my hot pink bean bag chair. I continued to detangle my hair. I didn't want to think, I didn't want to recall anything that happened today. I wanted to wipe today out of my memory.

"I'm back," Hunter waltz backed in a smile stretched across his face. "You are in a bean bag chair." He looked at me wide eyed.

"Oh my god I am!" I jumped up shock. "Wow how the heck did that happen?" I shook my head in fake disbelief. He let out a chuckle shaking his head.

"No need to get snarky Madame Le butt." He sat down on my bed and patted the spot next to him.

"Thanks for the food Hunter." He nodded and paced me a bowl and fork filled with the delicious food. I began happily munching on it. Hunter was truly amazing. He just leaned back on my bed and closed his eyes. My heart began to race softly I quickly looked away from him and continued to munch on the hot pieces of deliciousness.