Page seven

"I'm sorry Luna," Rose whimpered walking beside me. I sighed and looked over at her. "Luna please," she whimpered again.
"That Emily girl was about to rip my head off just for speaking to Austin. He is not coming." I patted her head while continuing to walk. She whimpered again. I knew Rose really did care for him. More then just his looks, she liked him for him.
"Luna c'mon please," she pleaded grabbing onto my arm. "I'm sorry." I just continued walking back to our pack house. Rose hadn't turned eighteen yet so her mate was not really something her wolf was looking for but I have a hunch that she's hoping its Austin. Even though he is not a werewolf and just a simple human Rose has seem to have attached herself to him. I bit my lip thinking more about mates. My mate might be found soon.
The thought sent a shiver through my body. Being attached to some one with out your own opinion. You can't choose who you end up with. Not even your wolf controls it. It's the hands of fate who bind you with your mate.
"Luna," I heard a gruff voice and turned only to see Emmett. Great just what I need right now. "I need to speak with you."
I felt Rose tighten her grip on my arm. I patted her hand letting her know it was alright and she quickly scurried away like a bunny in hunting season. I shook my head while watching her.
"I don't think I'm that frightening," Emmett growled watching her run away.
I let out a loud laugh. "You're the definition of fear, Alpha," I snorted. I sighed and looked up at him his eyes seemed to be less crazy right now just agitated. "You need something? Or did you just come to break more of my ribs." I hissed.
"I just wanted to talk about you're birthday," he looked away from me his face turning slightly red. "Just uhm, I won't be there so happy birthday," he swallowed hard and turned to leave. I quickly reached out and grabbed his shoulder, a quick shock ran through my body and I noticed a silver string binding Emmett and I together.
"What the-" I began just as Emmett growled and yanked himself away from me. The string snapped and set my heart on fire. He turned to me his eyes turning from its normal amber color and pooling with red anger. I jumped back in shock and stumbled to the ground.
"never touched the alpha," he snarled gritting his teeth together. And that's why people are afraid of you, you really are that scary, I thought to myself. "Now get up and leave me alone." I quickly scrambled up and scurried away just as Rose had done.
Run Luna, I heard my inner wolf tell me. She usually tells me to fight but at this moment I guess she was just as frightened as I was. As soon as I got to my room the door swung open and Rose pulled me in.
"Are you in trouble?" She looked up nervously. I shook my head she let out a sigh of relief pushing her hair out of her face. "What did he want?"
"To wish me happy birthday day I guess, and that he wasn't coming." I furrowed my brows. She looked at me, confusion taking over her face.
"What?" She lifted her brow.
"Yeah he is very strange," I shook my head then looked away from her face and down at my floor. When I touched him I had a reaction. That silver string that was pulling us together. I mentally shook myself pushing all thoughts of Emmett away from me. Today has been far too stressful. I slouched over and walked to my bed. "Sleep over again? We can have a girls night and watch some movies down in the living room." I saw a gleam spark in her eyes. Even though we would be out of the comforts of my room it would take our mind off everything.
Soon enough Rose was digging through my closet for "the perfect pajamas" I sat on the floor and watched go wild. She pulled out a pair hot pink pj shorts and a baby pink pair.
"Which one?" She asked holding out the hot pink one and holding the baby pink one close to her. I rolled my eyes smiling. I pretended that I was actually making a decision.
"I'll take the hot pink one." I said she grinned and threw it over to me. Then busied herself with finding us matching tops. I leaned back on my elbows and watched her. "Why not wear like those onsie pajama with the buttflap." I giggled she quickly turned and narrowed her eyes growling slightly. I held up a hand. "Sorry none of that."
"We want to look cute," she growled.
"Why?" I furrowed my brows and stared at her. She shook her head as if I had asked the most ridiculous question she had ever heard. She turned back to her project at hand and threw more of my clothes onto the ground. I'll have to clean that later, I thought to myself as I lay down on the floor letting the cool wood caresses my heated body. I began to think back to Emmett and my heart thumped in my chest. I had mixed emotions about him, I mean he was an over reacting, controlling, hot headed jerk but when I touched him I felt a spark that had never felt anyone.
"You're given off a very erotic look right now Luna," I heard Rose giggle slightly. "Who are you thinking about?" She waggled her eye brows and I felt my face heat up.
"No one," I snapped and looked away.
"I don't believe you," she giggled and I groaned and sat back up.
"Just get back to you outfit picking."
"Done already," she threw me a over sized grey sweatshirt that had a bigger neck hole so it would fall off my shoulder. She held up one exactly the same I rolled my eyes and shook my head slightly.
"So are we gonna wear that green face goop?" I asked groaning slightly at the thought of it.
Rose squeaked in anger. "It's a green tea face mask not green goop, and yes we are." She looked me over. "It'll do your face some good Luna." She laughed jokingly.
"Why you little," I laughed and reached to my bed and threw a pillow at her. My body sent a slight shock through my ribs warning me that I wasn't healed yet. I groaned inwardly and pushed past the pain. Rose giggled unaware that my body was trying to kill me. She threw the pillow back at me smacking me right in the face. I laughed and tossed the weapon aside. Rose has become like a sister to me, she was the total opposite of myself. While she was warm and bubbly I approached life with a snarky attitude. Rose would giggle and I would most likely grumble but for some reason we worked well together.
"What are we gonna watch?" Rose asked still smiling wildly after the small war we just had with pillows. I knew what she wanted to watch, some thing with cartoons and childish really not my style but I'll do anything to make her smile.
"How about Finding Nemo?" I asked casually, knowing it was her favorite movie. She squeezed in excitement and clapped her hands her head bobbling wildly as she nodded yes. I laughed and picked myself off the ground. "Well missy lets get this shin dig going."
Once we got into our matching pajamas Rose went and slathered those green goop masks onto my face, I grimaced and furrowed my brows only for her to slap my cheek lightly and tell me not to frown. My hair was already tied up into a messy bun and I had a hot pink lace head band holding back any loose hair. Rose had her hair exactly the same just a baby pink lace head band instead. Once she finished my face she began putting it on for herself.
"Hey why don't I get to do your face?" I whined, she snorted and looked over at me.
"You would just make a mess." She said matter factually. I sighed, she knew me too well.
Once Rose finished we walked down to the living room. Proudly sporting our green faces. We plopped ourselves onto the dark brown couch and wrapped ourselves in a big pink fluffy blanket.
"Did you bring all the candy?" I looked over at Rose she nodded. "Good let the movie watching commence!" I raised my hand dramatically and turned on the DVD. Rose snuggled closer to me and I smiled softly.
We were a quarter way through the movie when I heard some one clear their throats I turned to see who it was only to be met by those all too familiar pools of amber.
Emmett let out a yelp his eyes bugging out as he stumbled backwards. "You're face is green," he shook himself and pulled himself back up to an upright position.
I rolled my eyes. "Yes, yes it is green."
Emmett growled his face turning a slight shade of pink "why is it green?"
"I'll have you know that this is a high end technology designed to help my face stuff," I lifted my chin in defiance I felt Rose curl up closet to me. I wrapped my arms protectively around her. Emmett sighed softly. "What do you want," I snapped at him.
"I just wanted to apologize," he yelled back growling angrily.
"Well apology accepted! Go away," I turned away from him only for him to growl once more and stomp away.
I wonder what he was sorry for, was it for pulling away or was it for breaking my ribs. I seriously don't understand that boy. The less I see him the better it would do me. But still, I can feel something drawing me close to him. I quickly shook my head and pushed that thought away.