Page fourty-one

The smell of the woods hit me with a punch it was if all the trees had let out a panicked smell to notify their protect that there was danger. Then the blood assaulted my nostrils. I let out a gasp, I shook myself and down at Emmett. He licked my face, a smile playing in his eyes. I scrambled off of him, my fur was sticky from the blood that stained my whit fur. My body didn't ache at all, I felt new. Like all the pain that was in my body had now vanished. Emmett shook himself his beautiful raven black fur seemed to dance around his body. I felt my heart flutter.

We have to finish Austin, we have to some how convince the pack that the insanity is over. We can overcome it, Emmett's powerful voice rang through my head. I nodded. Emmett took off in a sprint I followed behind trying to match his pace.

LUNA, EMMETT HELP! We heard Rose's voice scream in our minds. I can't beat him by myself. We followed the sound of snarls and quickly found Rose, her body looked weak. Blood coated her fur.

Rose! My heart sunk a bit and my legs pushed me forward, I snarled and snapped at Austin who in response slapped me to the side. My body slammed against a tree. Stars began to blur my vision I shook off the pain and lunged back at Austin. I saw the worry in his eyes, I was no longer afraid of him. I wasn't going to give him the satisfaction of consuming my fear. I ripped at his arms, Emmett ripping at his legs. He screamed in pain and dropped Rose, her body hit the ground with a thud. I quickly let go of his arm and ran over to Rose. My heart began to pound, her body lay still on the blood covered ground. I couldn't stop myself, my body transformed back into its natural stat. The bones cracking back into human shape, I felt dirty. The blood and dirty that clung to my coat now coated my naked body.

"Rose," I called out as I ran over to her tears streaming down my face, her body cracked back to its human form. I heard her moan in pain. Her chest rose and fell in shallow breaths. "You're gonna be okay Rose," I wiped the tears away from my face and kneeled before her. Her body was covered in more dirt and grim then mine. Three long deep scratches were on her stomach blood seeping from it.

She let out a cough, "Luna, run." With those words being uttered Austin shook off Emmett slamming his body into the ground a howl of pain escaped his lips. He whimpered in pain and the disgusting sound of snickers erupted from Austin. His body began to grow taller and bigger.

"When will you wolfed learn that fear drives me crazy," he picked me up and threw me back to the ground. Oh no my body won't be able to hand me falling from this hight. Emmett quickly scrambled to his feet, he was quick to cushion my fall. My body fell onto his soft warm body which was transformed back into human form, his warm arms wrapped around me protectively.

Austin was quick to scoop up Rose who screamed in terror. "Luna,Emmett run! Run, please just run away!" I saw tears streaming down her face as Austin ran away with her somehow disappearing in the forest. All I could hear was her sobs trail off.

I lay in Emmett's arms stunned for a moment, unable to process what just happened.