Page nineteen

We slowly trudged our way back to the pack house. We were silent the whole way back. The silence was killing me.

'Im sorry I dragged you out here.' I whimpered softly.

'No problem,' he gruffly replied and said nothing else's. I whimpered slightly and looked down at the ground. 'You scared me Luna, your eyes were blood red.'

I swallowed hard and let out a shaky breath. That's what those humans said.

'Am I going to be okay?'

Hunter didn't say anything he just continued to walk, anger took over me.

'Hunter answer me!'

'I don't know Luna! You are the only one who can control the insanity. Maybe you should leave the pack.'

I stopped, letting Hunter continue to walk off, my heart sank into my stomach and I just stood there. Soft snowflakes began to rain from the sky sticking to my warm white fur, creating another layer of snow.

Maybe I should just turn and leave, never looking back and find a new pack. It would save a lot of problems, me being gone might actually benefit everyone.

'Don't you dare,' my wolf hissed at me. 'I didn't choose you thinking you were a quitter, I thought I picked a strong headed girl who would fight till the death. Luna, I chose you cause your special. I saw you and I instantly fell in love with you, I saw how strong your spirit was and couldn't ignore you. We won't let some stupid hocouspokus scare us away from our mate. We belong with each other just like you belong with Emmett.'

'Luna, I thought that we can't pick our mates,' that's what the Elders have always told us. They said it was the red string of fate that brought the wolf spirits together.

'That isn't untrue, Lun and I have always been mated, we didn't choose it. I didn't know what human he chose though. It's more complicated then you might think. It's like we are always mated to the same wolf spirit but we switch humans ever so often so it makes things a bit difficult.'

I sighed, I was exhausted I really didn't want to speak to any one especially Emmett. He was just a big ol butt who was so hot headed and temperamental. Hunter was already long gone obviously letting me think by myself. I shook off the layer of snow and began to walk back to the pack house.

Once inside I quickly walked up the small staircase back to my room so that I could change. I really rather not be stark naked in front of anyone.

Once inside I shifted back my bones breaking into its original shape, I let out a howl of pain and squeezed my eyes shut. I rolled my shoulders forward and shook off the pain. I walked over to my closet piles of clothes still laying on the ground in a crumbled mess. Oh yeah the mess Rose made. I still have to clean that up. I rolled my eyes and put on a paid of underwear and a bra a heart was stitched on each side of the band. I shoved my legs into black tights that had two white heart stitched on the knees and a black tank top, I grabbed my brown wool cardigan who hung loosely on my small frame. The cardigan hung at the back of my knees. I slipped on a simple pair of grey ballet shoes and let my blond hair hang loose. I sighed and began to trudge back down the stairs.

"Luna! There you are I have been worried sick! Everyone at school has been asking about you," Rose ran to me and smashed her body against mine holding me close to her and sniffled softly.

"Don't worry I'm alright I just gotta talk to Emmett," I sighed she looked up at me.

"Why? He's just been nothing but a grouch all this week, he kept yelling at all of us," Rose shivered. "He almost attacked me," she pouted and looked at the ground. I nodded, yeah I could imagine him being a grouch. I softly pushed Rose away from me.

"I'm sorry Hun I just have to go find him." I then quickly ran away from her. I loved Rose but right! now I have to focus on myself. I sniffed the air for his all too familiar scent. Once I found it I quickly followed after him. I didn't feel like talking to him at all but I needed to, I needed to figure everything out.

'We also need to apologize.'

'What for ?' I snapped back growling slightly.

'We did kiss some one in front of him, that must've hurt him.'

She was right, I probably did push him too far but I was so mad at the time that I didn't care. I was so deep in thought that I failed to even notice the large figure that was blocking my path. I slammed into it and fell to the ground.

"Oof," I said as I fell and my butt slammed against the hard floor. I quickly scrambled to my feet and rubbed my butt. "Sorry," I mumbled not looking up.

"It's alright Luna," Emmett's voice grumbled back. I looked up at him wide eyed and my face began to heat up. Just my luck.