Chapter 5

Clary's P.o.v

Recap: "Hello my love." I tell him and he smiles.

I look my love in the face and notice, I forgot someone.

My mother.

"Dear, we're's mother?" I ask him. He smiles and says.

"Oh well love, our fathers back. He is going to go get mother. But I need to go to the new York Institute, could you come with me?" He asks me. I nod my head, and leave to go to my room to get dressed.

As I look in the closet, I try to find the closest thing I have to gear. Then I find it.

A black curve hugging slik tank top, a black leather jacket and as I digg I find a pair a black gear pants.

I grab two towels from the gray bathroom and head to the shower.

When I get out I find a hairbrush on the sink counter. I brush my fire red, thinking that I was missing something. Someone.

Someone. A guy. A blonde, perfect one. Beautifully golden eyes, like a lion. With only one flaw, a chipped tooth. Someone I loved. His name is... is... Jace.

It's sounds familiar. Like someone I love or knew or cared about. But who is he? Who is this perfect golden boy? I might see him when I go with Sebastian.

I go back to the kitchen, and see Sebastian waiting for me. When he see's me, he puts his hand out and I take it.

We portal there, and as we step through I can't remember the last time I used it. As I try to take in the portal, what it feels like or looks like completely it disappears.

We're now in this room that strikes me with memories. One I can't remember, or put a grasp on. We're in a huge, beautiful library. Sebastian comes by the book shelves, and looks for a book.

As I wait for him, I feel an odd present, as if someone is in the room with us. I tell him I'll be right back, and without an answer I leave him. I walk around by a bookshelf and go by some stairs, then I see him. We're far from Sebastian so I go over to him, hoping when he sees me, he can tell me who he is.

Then he looks me dead in the eye and his face lights up. He truly is beautiful, and being here now, seeing him in person, I feel a connection. A good connection, though.

"Clary." He says in his perfect voice.

"Jace?" I ask to make sure I got the right person here.

"Yeah it's me Clary. Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry for leaving you. I love you. I will never leave you again." He tells me, he looks like he's about to cry. Who is he? Why is he like this? How does he know me?

"Who are you?" I ask, letting curiosity get to me. He looks hurt, as if someone he loved died.

"Clary, it's me. Jace. I love you. How do you not remember me? Please come here." He says gently. I hesitate for a moment, then go over to the golden boy, Jace.

"I am your boyfriend. Your brother, Sebastian took you. I wasn't there in time. You haven't been here in four days. I got worried thinking about what your brother could do to you. Please, remember." He says, almost pled, and he doesn't look like the pleading type. I give him a confused look.

"No, I'm dating Sebastian." I say, and Jace looks like he died.

Then he reaches for me, by holding my hand softly, and looks like his eyes are about to pop out of his head when he sees me chest. Is that a normal guy thing? Confused, I step away.

But all he says is "Who did that to you?" He seems to be almost broke. I look down at were he was and see it. A rune. Not one I'm used to seeing, a different one. One that looks like it had to do with demons. Scared, I try getting away. As I walk he follows, and I hear a voice.

Once by my love. I come out and Jace comes to. Jace looks at Sebastian with pure, burning hatred. But why? Sebastian only grins, as he holds the book he wanted.

"Ah, dear. We need him to come with us. Take him now." He orders me. Frightened by the fierce tone in his voice, I listen, doing as he says. Jace takes my hand agian and we go through the portal.