Chapter 40 - Final part I

Leah's POV

"Yah Sureyya pass me the other newspaper." I said to Sureyya as I threw the other newspaper on the floor.

"Would you care to explain to me why we're looking for jobs through f*cking NEWSPAPERS?!" Sureyya said, as she through the newspaper on the floor aggressively.

"You're right, what an earth are we doing?" This asked myself.

"Erm not we. YOU." She said, pointing her finger at me.

"Whatever, relax."

"It's not like we need a job, your mum literally pays for everything." Sureyya said.

"I don't want her money. She's the reason I'm here. I don't want anything from that woman." I said to her.

"Oh my god.. You just love to make life so difficult don't you? How about you appreciate the money your mother has?! God.. where's Kris?"

"He went out but he would be here soon." I said to her and just then there was a knock on the door. Sureyya flew up and ran to the door to open it.

"Guys I have great news." Kris said as he came rushing in.

"What is it?" Sureyya asked him quickly closing the door and running towards us.

"Literally a miracle happened while I was on my way back here." He said sitting down quickly.

"Tell us what happened then?!" I raised my voice at him.

"I just got ourselves a job." He said smiling looking at me and Sureyya.

"Oi if this is one of your dumb jokes I swear-." Sureyya said about to reach for her slipper.

"I'm serious! You know that coffee shop that we always go to? You know the nice old lady that owns the place?" He said.

"Oh the Japanese lady? Mrs Yushimi?" I asked him.

"Yeah yeah her! I went there to buy coffee and she told me that she wanted us to look after her shop until she comes back from Japan." He explained.

"Wait what? Mrs Yushimi is going to Japan??" Sureyya cried.

"What do you mean she wants us to look after her coffee shop??" I asked him.

"I don't know it's probably because she hasn't got anyone else she can trust, I mean her kids are all out of the country." He said to me.

"Wait wait this is too sudden...How are we going to look after the coffee shop on our own?!" I raised my voice as I put my hands on the sides of my face.

"She told us to go to her tomorrow early in the morning so she can teach us some stuff." He said to us.

"Kris, what if we totally ruin the business? This is a lot of responsibility you know!" I cried.

"You wanted a job, now you have one. So shut up! Plus we have Kris. I mean he is really good at making coffee, he'll be a really good barrister and he's quite good looking so he'll attract customers.." Sureyya said.

"Well we needed a job anyway right?" Kris said.

"Yeah.." I replied.

"Okay well we better go to sleep now because we have to wake up early tomorrow morning." Kris said as he got up.

"It's still 8.30..." Sureyya said looking at the clock.

"Ok well at 9 all of you should be asleep, including Reyhan." He said.

"Reyhan is going to work too?" Sureyya asked him.

"Well yeah?" He said.

"Didn't she tell you that she's going back to South Korea? To study?" I asked him.