three

Jungkook

On the verge of dozing off in English class, a sudden announcement from the professor catches Jungkook's attention.

"We have a new student in class, he's a junior, his name is Park Jimin."

The last words had Jungkook perked up, seeing the familiar red head of hair.

Jungkook could feel his heart beat fasten when Jimin sits next to him, the realization hit him that this would be their real, first conversation. He didn't want to start it though, as he thought he ruined most conversations he tried to have.

Debating whether to say something to break the awkward silence or not, he plays with his fiddling fingers, a habit of his.

"Thanks-"

He hears a small whisper next to him. Jimin's voice sounded so smooth when he spoke, Jungkook liked it although that wasn't how he had imagined Jimin talked.

He looks up to lock eyes with the elder.

"What?"

Jungkook's eyebrows furrowed slightly, confused at the random comment.

"You said my hair was cool- I never thanked you for that."

He recalls the first note given to him, shaped like a boat.

"Oh- well call it even then, because you called me cool first."

Jungkook observed the way Jimin would cover his face when he would fully smile, or giggle softly. He found it to be attractive on him.

"Alright, we can call it even-"

Just then, a vaguely familiar guy walks over, tapping Jimin on the shoulder. Jungkook somewhat knew of him because he's popular. He couldn't argue either, he noticed him the moment he walked in, he's gorgeous.

"Jimin-"

He watches Jimin glance behind him to see his best friend.

"Hoseok!"

Jimin gave no hesitation to throw his arms around his friend. Jungkook was just a little taken back that Jimin was friends with that kid.

"Jungkook-"

Jungkook brings back his attention, but startled at the fact that it was Hoseok that had called his name.

"Uh-"

"I know we don't know each other, but I feel like we should be friends!"

He instantly pulls Jungkook into a hug, leaving him in a shock. Jungkook's face flushes when he sees Jimin laughing at the uncomfortable situation.

"Okay Hobi, don't scare him."

Hoseok's eyes widen towards Jungkook, only making him more uneasy.

"oH MY gOd I'm soRry."

Jungkook started to see the enthusiasm in Hoseok as humorous. He chuckles softly at his reaction.

"It's fine-"

The sound of the bell interrupts, dismissing everyone from class. Jimin walks alongside Jungkook in the hallway.

"Sorry about Hoseok, he's a real character."

The small memory replays in Jungkook's mind.

"No, it's okay, he's fun."

Jimin lets out the smallest giggle that Jungkook seemed to find irresistible. Then there was a moment of silence before Jimin broke it.

"So what about your friends?"

Jungkook didn't know how to feel about the question. He knew how to answer, it's just that it's embarrassing.

"I don't really have any friends, you were kind of the first person I like actually talked to."

Jungkook plays with the hem of his shirt when he feels Jimin's eyes glue onto him.

"Why me?"

It took a minute for Jungkook's mind to generate a complete answer. Of course, he knew he was socially awkward, but that still leaves the question, why did he let Jimin in his life all of a sudden?

"Well, I don't know. You're just- different."

Different. Jungkook thought, Yeah, Jimin is different, that's why.