sixteen

Jimin

The summer had brought both relaxation and preparation for Jimin. He ruminated as to how that could happen, but just figured life is weird like that sometimes. All he's accomplished during a month was sleep for insane amounts, as if to attempt to catch up on the sleep he lost during the school year, and finish a few art pieces. 

But today was a different day, he set up the tables outside, placing the white table cloths on each. Today was his party, to celebrate his acceptance into his dream college. He was supposed to be happy, wasn't he? That's what he thought, but the thought of leaving so many people didn't feel right with him. He contemplated the situation and decided that he was cheerful nonetheless. He couldn't wait to see his friends and enjoy a pleasant time. 

At around seven was when things were going to start. The clock was getting closer to seven, Jimin and his mother were doing last minute things, running around, inside and out of the house, perfecting it. 

The first car pulled up on the side of the road, parking before the driveway. Jimin was curious who the first guest was.

Jungkook 

He pulled up, next to the driveway of the house he had basically painted in his memory. It was barely past seven and Jungkook realized he was the first one here, which gave him instant regret for wanting to leave early. He just hated crowds and didn't want to be stuck in one, but he guessed more people would've been here by now. 

By the time he got out of the car and made his way around to the driveway, Jimin was walking towards him with a wide beam across his face. Jimin opened his arms and wrapped them around Jungkook, causing an instant blush from the taller boy. Jungkook tightly hugged him back, taking in the red-haired boy's scent. He wanted to engulf himself in his smell, he smelled of lilacs. Jungkook remembered that his house had the same familiar fragrance. 

Jimin let go first, starting the conversation. 

"Thanks for coming."

"It's nothing- thanks for the invite."

Jungkook's eyes drifted down to Jimin's outfit. He was wearing a white, flowy shirt patterned with blue flowers. He took note of how it matched with his adorable scent and how he looked absolutely stunning. Then he watched Jimin smile again before turning around and telling Jungkook to follow him. He then recalled the small envelope in his pocket that was his present.

"Oh- Jimin-"

Jimin turned on his heels, meeting Jungkook's gaze with a "hm?"

"I have this for you- I don't know where you wanna put it."

Jimin's grin crept up as he held the thin envelope.

"Thanks- I'll hold it in my pocket for now."

He slipped it in his back, jean pocket before sitting down at one of the set up tables outside. At this point more cars were showing up with groups of people at a time. After a time span of ten minutes, the whole yard was full of people and Jungkook lost Jimin as he was running around, trying to greet everyone. Jungkook felt awkward sitting silently at his table, until a face he had forgotten, showed up, once again.

"Hey, Kook!"

The voice itself was recognizable, as it could only belong to one person.

"Hey, Hoseok."

Jungkook glanced at Hoseok and saw him half-sitting in his chair while leaning it backwards. He was definitely too enlivened to be sitting and having general conversation, anyone could see it. Thank god Yoongi showed up, he was someone more sane and prefers sitting down more than playing sports.

"Hey Hoseok- if you're gonna burst- do it over there."

Yoongi points towards the group of people playing volleyball. Hoseok takes a glimpse before turning back and exchanging smiles with the two.

"Okay, well it was nice seeing you guys!"

He waves before turning around and skipping away, leaving the silent atmosphere of Jungkook and Yoongi. 

"Not the party type?"

Yoongi sparked up conversation. 

"I can be, I just don't have any mutual friends with Jimin, so I'm here."

Jungkook enjoyed Yoongi's reaction when he chuckled softly.

"Ah, I understand... hey, there's a book Jimin put out over there for people to write in, wanna write in it?"

He pointed to a long table behind the round tables people sat at, Jungkook nodded and followed behind Yoongi, finding the book he mentioned. 

What am I supposed to write?

... A message that will mean something. 

After thinking, he decided on something simple, but meaningful. 

He ripped off a piece of paper, folding it into an origami boat. He left a small message at the bottom,

"Have fun in art college (:" 

On the open pocket, in the inside, he wrote his name and stuck the note in the back of the book before closing it and feeling satisfied. He couldn't help but to feel the rush of memories between him and Jimin, from how they first met to this exact moment, and Jungkook admitted that he never regretted any of it, even if it all were to somehow end.