seven

Jimin

Unbeknownst to Jimin, today was the day that a white envelope would be slipped into his mailbox. Not just any envelope, it's something he has been waiting on for about a year now, he had almost forgot about it. That was until his mother excitedly squealed and knocked on his door.

"Jimin! You have to see this- open up!"

No answer. It was eight in the morning on a Saturday, who else would be awake anyway? 

"You're gonna wanna see this...someone has been antsy for this."

Within a matter of seconds, shuffling of feet against the ground was heard from outside the door before the door pops opens and a sleepy Jimin appears wrapped in a burrito blanket. 

"A letter?"

His mom nods her head, smiling in anticipation and handing him the slightly crinkled envelope.

Jimin, in full concern despite having just woken up, practically rips open the letter, throwing the remains on the floor.

"Oh my god-"

"What?"

"I- I got in! They accepted me!"

He immediately drops the once important letter, hugging his mom in pure elation. 

"That's amazing, you can transfer to that art school then next year."

Jimin's enthusiasm died down when he remembered something important, he was going to have to leave Jungkook to go to this new art college next year. But this college, it was unlike any other college, it had everything an artist could desire, and Jimin had been patiently waiting for this dream come true, he couldn't throw it all away now. 

Jungkook

The following Monday came, which was an extra tiring one for Jungkook considering he had been up all weekend finishing three projects for his astronomy class.  He got some shut-eye first period, knowing it would be impossible third period because Hoseok consists of his class. But he also loves talking to Jimin, so he wouldn't have to sleep anyway. 

The minute he steps in the classroom, he glances in the direction of the noise, or otherwise known as Hoseok. Next to him was a smiley Jimin. 

Cute. He thought. 

He takes his seat, exchanging hello's with the both of them. 

"Jimin, you look happy today."

Jungkook decided to add, because it was just so true, especially for a Monday. 

"Oh he is-"

Hoseok poked his head in. 

Jimin chuckles, pushing his friends face out before looking back at Jungkook. 

"I am- I totally forgot to tell you about the art college I applied to like a year ago- they sent me a letter today and I was accepted."

Jungkook was surprised, that sounded amazing for Jimin, he could do so much now instead of being restrained in this customary place. 

"That's like- really great- congrats-"

He meant to sound more excited for Jimin, but in reality, Jungkook just isn't that good with words. But Jimin still appreciated it just the same.

The conversation is interrupted by the bell ringing, starting the class, although Jungkook's mind was anywhere from class. He was thinking about where Jimin was going, and what he going to be doing. He had no idea, he was curious yet cheerful towards the news. But, there was also something in the back of his mind, almost this second voice that was smaller but audible, and Jungkook took a moment to listen to what it had to say.

What if he leaves me forever?