twelve

Jungkook

Why does it feel like time is running out? Why would I be running out of time? No- what would my time be ending? 

Jungkook's awakened by the sound of his phone alarm, laying beneath his pillow, approximately where his ear had been. He groggily sits up, scratching his head of black hair that stuck out in various places. Something about his dream last night had him thinking, although he couldn't piece everything together because, like most people, he wasn't able to remember his entire dream. All he could recall was a familiar face, someone he couldn't picture now, but he definitely knew. The dream itself wasn't bad, in fact, it was the best one Jungkook had in a while. This mystery boy was sitting with Jungkook, the two of them laughing together. But he also felt sick, feeling a sense of some time limit with this familiar-but-unknown boy. Soon enough there he was recollecting it all, trying to make sense of the mental picture. 

It's probably just another meaningless dream...

He concluded, deciding a hot shower would destress his mind. Once he stepped into the downpour of hot water, he felt himself relax instantly. He sighed in relief when he could temporarily put everything off his mind. A decent amount of time did pass anyway, so Jungkook was glad he could have a break soon, as school came to it's last quarter. The only thing he felt was odd was the fact that things weren't hectic for him anymore. Ever since the year began, that's the only thing Jungkook could've described his life as. But here he was, all his projects turned in, or near perfection and ready to be turned in, and he has gotten used to the college life, and made a few friends. Most of life's stresses fell off Jungkook's shoulders slowly but surely, and he hadn't noticed up until now. 

Then shouldn't I be happy? This is what I've always wanted, isn't it? Just to be satisfied with life? So why aren't I happy? 

There was no denying that Jungkook had truely become happier than he was in high school, but he couldn't just state that he was happy in general. What was the reason though? He couldn't pinpoint it. 

The muffled noise outside of the bathroom catches Jungkook's attention, taking him out of his deep contemplation.

"Kook- it's eight-thirty, don't you have to leave soon?"

Jungkook groans before putting in an effort into rushing his morning routine. He gets out the door with his brother shoving a slice of toast into his mouth and his mother telling him to have a good day. As he finishes the toast, he checks the time while pulling into the campus. 

"Just made it-"

He practically runs into his English class, beating the bell by a minute. He takes his seat, laying his head down on his arms across the table, recollecting himself and letting himself catch his breath.

"You okay Kookie?"

Jimin's voice felt like a shock surged through Jungkook. He hadn't expected him to call him that.

"Y-yea, I was just a little late today."

Jungkook didn't bother to look up as he felt his face flushing when Jimin generously touched his back. 

As class had commenced and Jimin had seemed to give full attention to the professor, Jungkook still had the lingering feeling of wanting to hide his face. He was going to question the fact that he literally thought about the small interaction with Jimin the entire class period, but dismissed it soon after, because that is what happens with crushes, he decided. 

Shaking the thoughts away from his head, Jungkook began packing his bag at the end of class, ready to enjoy a well-needed break. But, Hoseok's "inside voice" is unfortunately loud enough for China to hear, so curiosity took over Jungkook's mind as he tuned into the conversation of Hoseok and Jimin. 

"So when do you wanna have your party?"

"I don't know yet, it's-"

"What? Why not? It's already the last quarter of school, you don't have that much time to plan!"

Hoseok shook Jimin's shoulders as if he were going insane.

"HoSeOK-"

"What?"

"StOp sHAkiNg mE-"

Hoseok then became consious of the dizzy boy standing before him.

"Oh- sorry- but still- you should plan your party soon, because you need  to have one before you go off to that artsy college or whatever."

Jimin just nodded slowly, not giving a verbal answer.

The two walked out discussing further plans, mostly Hoseok's suggestions. Jungkook walked to his usual coffee shop, allowing the situation to replay in his head.

Then he suddenly remembered the reason he still wasn't happy.