seventeen

Jungkook

The sun slowly set on the humid summer day, the party was still as alive as it had been for the previous hours. But Jungkook was ready to leave while he watched groups of people laughing and having a genuine conversation with one another. He was once again stranded in a pool of random humans and felt the awkwardness grow.

After moments of contemplation, he agreed on ditching the party. His only problem then was that Jimin wasn't anywhere in his sight, he wanted to say goodbye. 

Well, I gave him a present already, so I guess it's not a big deal if I just leave.

He ruminated, trodding away from the fading music and mass of bodies, making way to his car. The ride home was peaceful, he decided. No one drove down the streets at night, creating a quiet atmosphere with the exception of the radio on low volume. The head lights eluminating the dark road ahead being the only source of light, Jungkook enjoyed the simplicity of it all, because driving at night was his absolute favorite. He even secretly imagined going on late night drives with Jimin, because he seemed like he would love them as much as Jungkook does. 

The next few days are quiet between the both of them. On Jungkook's part, Jimin somehow always made himself known to his mind. He just wondered so much since the last time they were together, even if it was three days ago. 

It was the typical thoughts that were mostly a bother to him.

Why hasn't he talked to me since then? Did he wait for the moment he could leave me? Just because he judged wrong about me when he first approached me and he actually hates me? Or maybe I'm overanalyzing it, maybe he's been busy, or waiting for me to text him. 

It took deep breaths and the realization that Jungkook's mind was overthinking again, to calm himself down. He then grabbed his phone and clicked the lock button with the smallest hope, but there was nothing. Then Jungkook wished secretly that he didn't have such expectations, because that means he would have to contact Jimin first if he wanted to talk to him. 

But why am I so nervous?

He couldn't get himself to do it. He didn't have the willpower to text him first. 

I'm ridiculous. 

He was too afraid of being an aggravation to Jimin, he was afraid of being unwanted by Jimin. So, he simply left things the way they were. 

Those days turned into weeks, then they turned into months. Then Jungkook fully regretted his decision, because this was exactly what he was afraid of. His time ran out, and he still believed it wasn't enough, but nothing could be done. 

And it was Jungkook's own thought that caused him to choke up, knowing it was the painful truth. 

Jimin is gone.