eighteen

Jungkook

The next school year had already creeped up on Jungkook without notice. It began in late summer, now on the brink of autumn and he was still trying to fit into the term "sophmore."

He got the gist of his schedule soon enough, and things just seemed to fall into place. He had set his own goals for his future and his life was a little more organized than the last year.

But lately he felt this constant, lingering feeling of emptiness. Something was simply missing in Jungkook's life. He couldn't pinpoint it though. The one thing he did notice about this feeling though was that it was most evident in his dreams. He dreamt about something that he longed for, but as soon as he woke up, his mind would erase the memory, leaving the same exact feeling to become as clueless as yesterday.

It became too much to bear, he needed to know. But he had no idea what would trigger his mind.

"-Jungkook?"

His eyes meet with the tall, brown-haired male that always contained too much excitement for one human.

Hoseok.

And that seemed to solve the impossible mystery of triggering Jungkook's mind, all he needed to see was a familiar face.

Jungkook froze in place with his eyes widening slightly. He stared at Hoseok unknowingly while the confused boy waved a hand in front of his face calling out for him.

"Kook, you good?"

He shook himself out of his daze, looking back at Hoseok one more time.

"Yeah, I just- remembered something, I gotta go."

Jungkook paced past with a feeling of anxiety, hoping he wouldn't be questioned. Thankfully, he made it out of the main hallway where he and Hoseok conversed.

But unfortunately, that wasn't his concern right now.

He felt almost in a state of shock since the moment he locked eyes with Hoseok, and he couldn't believe what crossed his mind.

The emptiness, the loneliness, the lingering feeling of wanting someone but not knowing who it was for. It all made sense now, Jungkook concluded.

Jimin was the answer.

He wasn't sure what to believe anymore, the only thing he could think of was simply, Park Jimin. But how could he be so attached to him, like he was before, if he managed to completely forget about him?

He couldn't even answer the question himself. He admitted though, that he had forgotten Jimin a while after they stopped talking. Jungkook still couldn't comprehend how he missed Jimin without knowing it was him, but he knew now that he needed him more than ever.

The passing months dread on Jungkook. He hadn't realized missing a human being could be so difficult. Well, there was the constant reminders of Jimin in everyday things he layed his eyes on, such as every cup of coffee Jungkook drank. He was reminded of whenever they went to that same coffee shop that he used to go to on his breaks, he stopped going there. Then he saw, and heard Hoseok literally twice a day, and had occasional encounters with Yoongi.

Seeing every goddamn thing that reminded Jungkook of Jimin would bring a shot of pain to his heart. He missed Jimin more than anything, and he was continually trying to imagine life with him now. But he knew it was all useless, because such a thing couldn't occur. All that went through his mind anymore was,

Why did he leave me?

But when it came down to it, he blamed himself. For not being able to be the first one to text or call Jimin, because he let his social awkwardness get in the way. He thought Jimin had better ways to spend his time than with some awkward, nineteen year old boy.

Jungkook always wondered what Jimin was doing in the moment, because he thought he would still be occupied with his artwork.

But everytime his mind would seem to drift to the same conclusion, why did he stop talking to me? Jungkook didn't want to think about it, but he decided all of it was hard for him.

And it is hard, when you still have fragments of someone in your everyday life, just to be constantly aware that you're never going to see that person again.