nine

Jimin

A small box was clutched in Jimin's grasp as he waited for Jungkook to come to class. He knew this was exactly what Jungkook didn't want, but he was going to do it anyways.

He slid the box onto Jungkook's desk, seeing him walk in. Jimin studies Jungkook's expression as he notices the present. First, he sees his confusion when his eyebrows furrow slightly. Then he smirks vaguely, eyes shooting towards Jimin.

Damn, he knows.

Jimin smiles back mischeviously as Jungkook makes his way to his seat next to Jimin.

"Park Jimin-"

"Hm?"

He raises an eyebrow to the younger, acting innocent.

"I thought I told you no presents."

Jimin only smiled wider.

"You don't even know what's in it- just open it."

He pushed the box closer, hoping he would agree. Jungkook sighed before grabbing the plain box. Jimin watched every reaction Jungkook had when he opened everything, closely paying attention when Jungkook gingerly held the sketch that resembled him.

"You drew me?"

He almost seemed astonished. Jimin giggled and nodded towards the boy that scanned the drawing as if he was witnessing something extraordinary.

"It's like- exactly me."

Jungkook's eyes never averted from the picture as he spoke.

"Thanks Jimin...even though you weren't supposed to do get me anything."

That was the only moment Jimin had caught Jungkook's eyes meet his, to give him a death stare. Jimin took this eye contact as an opportunity to switch the topic.

"Hey! What do you do after this class?"

Jungkook was a little side tracked by the sudden change, Jimin could tell by the way his facial expressions suddenly became more innocent and curious.

"Oh- um, I have a break for about two hours, why?"

An idea sparked in Jimin's mind.

"Come to art class with me- the teacher always lets me go paint or sketch privately, she won't care if I bring you."

He could already see the doubt in Jungkook's face, but he wasn't about to give up.

"C'mon, it'll be fun- I promise."

It took a moment of silence for Jungkook to silently agree to it.

Jungkook

The pair walk down the narrow hallway, one Jungkook wasn't familiar with, stepping into the large classroom filled with colorful portraits, sculptures, and sketches. It was before class had started, but the people filing in the classroom were already giving stares to the strange black-haired boy.

"And who is this little cutie pie?"

The teacher walked over to Jungkook giving no hesitation to hold his cheeks in her hands. He could already feel his face bloom a beautiful shade of pink.

This woman has no restraints does she?

Jungkook was brought out of the distraction of his thoughts when he hears Jimin's laugh behind him. The teacher lets go, still gazing at the unfamiliar boy.

"This is Jungkook, I brought him to art class today because I wanted to show him my stuff, if that's okay."

The teacher smiled so wide Jungkook could've sworn her face would fall off if she smiled any more.

"Of course, it's fine! Here- go show him all the stuff that will be in the show!"

She pushes the two out of the room without another word.

Weird...

"Sorry about her- she's just very...adrenalized."

Jungkook let's out a soft laugh at Jimin's description.

"It's fine I guess...so where do we start?"

He looked beyond Jimin, spotting the boards with pictures hung on them. Jimin turned around before glancing back at Jungkook with a small smirk.

"Over here-"

Surprising Jungkook at the slightest, Jimin grabs his hand running down the hallway before stopping at a certain section of the small art gallery. All the art had "Park Jimin, Third year" labled on the bottom right.

Jungkook thought everything here was similar to what was in his room, but there was one clear difference. He could see the time and effort put into every single piece of art. He then imagined Jimin seated on the floor of his room with paint coating him and all his surroundings, but he wouldn't notice because he would be too absorbed in his painting of three fishes.

"How long did this one take?"

Jungkook pointed at the fishes, having just imagined the scenario, wanting to know if it was accurate.

"Maybe a month. I didn't work on it every day, although I wanted to, it was one of my favorites."

The way Jimin smiled towards the near perfect painting, then at Jungkook had convinced him that his imagination probably did exist.

For the remainder of the time, the duo viewed all the art their was to see. And without the realization, inspecting all the artwork, Jungkook was slowly falling harder for the talented redhead.