eleven

Jimin

Lately he had taken note of the silence between him and Jungkook, but he was more oblivious to it. He just thought Jungkook needed some space, for whatever reason, so he gave it to him. He never went beyond that in thinking terms. It was simple to him, that maybe Jungkook had extra work or stress and he needed a break. He decided it wasn't his buisness to find out anyway. So, he simply left him be and continued with his life, but making sure he at least aknowledged Jungkook everyday with a small hello and sweet smile. 

Today, as Jimin walked into class to greet Jungkook, a loud presence interrupts, disrupting not only Jimin and Jungkook, but the entire classroom.

"Jimin!"

Hoseok bounces uncontronablly, it seems, as he stands before both Jimin and Jungkook. Jimin has his usual reaction of laughing and waiting for what the boy has to say.

"Are you gonna have a party?"

This struck Jimin with confusion. What would he have a party for? He tried to ponder on it, but nothing came to mind.

"...For?"

"When you leave to go to your fancy art college or whatever!"

Jimin had considered it, but wasn't entirely convinced it was a great idea. He just had to contemplate the idea of all the chaos going on around him. So many people would try to talk to him because it would probably be their last time, but he just wouldn't have enough time to have small talk with every single person, in truth. 

"I don't know, Hobi-"

"C'mon- it would be fun! You'd have all your good friends, all together before you leave!"

Honestly the thought was kind of sad to Jimin. It made him feel guilty for leaving his friends, but it reminded him of high school, when all his high school friends departed to go to different colleges. It took another moment of reflecting before Jimin decided a party wouldn't hurt anyone.

"-Great! So I can help you plan it if you want- or Jungkook- or the both of us!"

Hoseok beamed so bright, you could almost see the rays of sunshine radiating off of him. Jimin glanced at Jungkook, that had a more wide-eyed, innocent look played onto his face. In that moment Jimin wished he knew what he was thinking, but he decided to let it go with the excuse that he probably wasn't tuned into the conversation until Hoseok mentioned his name. 

Jimin spent class doodling a sketch of Jungkook sitting on a whale, he thought it would make him smile. Halfway into class, Jimin handed the small, blue-inked sketch to Jungkook, flipping it over to hide it at first. He watched as Jungkook flipped the picture over and a small smile crept onto his lips. Jimin had concluded that Jungkook's silent giggle and little glimpse meant so much to him.

He just simply observed Jungkook in the moment as he focused on his work. Jimin became lost in his train of thought, in visualizing. He envisioned talking to Jungkook at his party that Hoseok seemed like he dearly wished him to have. He just imagined sharing a general conversation, nothing remarkable. The mini picture made Jimin glimpse back at Jungkook in the present, as he still took tiny notes on his paper, putting full efforts into his studies.

And god, I wish I could stay like this, watching him like this, forever.