fifteen

Jungkook

He fiddled with the sleeves of his red sweater, trying to avoid anything awkward between him and Jimin. But all he was capable of doing was the exact opposite, creating an awkward silence, and he was so aware of it. The pair strided towards the coffee shop that Jungkook suggested they go to after class had ended. Even Jungkook himself found it odd that he had brought up the idea of going out with someone, even if it was Jimin. Usually, it's the other that invites Jungkook to go anywhere, and if it were anyone else but Jimin, he would've declined, using a fake excuse.

Jungkook wondered if Jimin found any of this situation strange or out of place, seeing that he invited him to go out all of a sudden. What he was attempting to do, was spend time alone with Jimin, because of this urge inside him that felt like he didn't have enough time left with him.

But, did Jimin think this was weird? Am I really this desperate? All because of some stupid instinct...

"Jungkook-"

Jimin's voice caught Jungkook's attention.

"What? Sorry-"

As if on cue, Jimin's slight giggle came out, never failing to give Jungkook butterflies.

"It's okay- I just asked if the shop was around the corner, I'm kind of bad with remembering."

Jungkook became aware of his fastened heart beat, now slowing due to the question not being anything related to his thoughts.

"Oh- yeah, it is."

He saw Jimin nod once and beam a genuine smile before looking at his feet, taking every step on the sidewalk. The shop came into sight, before they neared closer and walked in, feeling the warm aroma of the small cafe, that they remembered.

Jungkook found his usual spot, near the window, taking a seat as Jimin sat across from him. The waiter takes their orders, the both of them getting the same caramel macchiatos as last time.

Jimin first brought up conversation, slightly quickening Jungkook's heartbeat.

"So, you excited for the summer?"

Jungkook faintly shifted in his seat before glancing back up towards Jimin to reply.

"Well, yeah- I guess, just to get a break. What about you?"

He watched Jimin's vague smile soften before speaking.

"That sounds nice, I'll have a good time I guess, relaxing and planning for art next year, stuff like that."

Without even thinking, Jungkook's words spit out of his mouth when a thought was sparked from Jimin's response.

"Where exactly is the college anyway?"

After he spoke, he wasn't sure whether it came off as rude, he didn't mean for it to be, and he hoped Jimin didn't interpret it that way.

"It's not far, maybe a fourty-five minute drive from my house. It's in the city, kind of. It's called the Korean Institute of Art, but I wouldn't have guessed that you've heard of it."

"-Why are you asking?"

Jimin watched Jungkook with curiosity and confusion. Jungkook then questioned himself, why did he need to know?

Maybe I just want to feel close to Jimin.

If that was the case, he pondered,

Why do I have to feel close to him? Just to be reassured that he is somewhat near me? Maybe because I'm used to seeing him everyday... Or is it because I feel like there will be a distance?

The only conlusion he ended up negociating between himself was that he thinks too much, which wasn't wrong.

"Just- because, I don't know, I didn't know where you were going, I should at least know where my friend is going, right?"

He let out an relieved, inaudible breath when Jimin laughed, not seeming worried about his answer.

"I guess- I didn't think you were interested, so I never brought it up."

Jungkook playfully hit the giggly red-haired boy, starting to chuckle with him.

"You didn't think I cared? Of course I would want to know something like that."

Jimin shrugs in his seat before having another laughing fit, Jungkook joining in again.

The duo were like that for the rest of the so called "date," sipping on their warm, creamy coffee while telling meaningless comments that made each other laugh until their stomach couldn't handle it.

And as they laughed in unison, Jungkook was once again side-tracked by his own mind for only a moment.

These times, these are the most memorable times.