thirteen

Jungkook

Recently, his morning walks seemed a lot "brighter," if that's what you want to call it.

Hoseok had been taking some new, different route to their shared class, English. He always went on about some story that had no meaning to Jungkook, he learned to drown it out over time. But today was exceptionally contrasting. Hoseok asked an unnatural question, one that perked Jungkook's interest.

"-so are you and Jimin- like- a thing?"

Jungkook almost stopped his footsteps to avoid tripping on something, or someone by how taken back he was. He observed Hoseok's casual appearance with awe and wondered how he drew that conclusion.

Of course, he wished nothing more than to be with Jimin, but he didn't think it was so obvious to anyone.

He thinks we're a thing? Do other people think so? Wait- if even Hoseok of all people can see something between us, does Jimin suspect that I like him?

Jungkook disregarded Hoseok's question, starting to question himself. He became worried over his own "what-if" thoughts. It took three snaps to bring him back to reality.

"Hey- you okay?"

One quick nod was enough to satisfy Hoseok which Jungkook was thankful for, up until he was hammered with the same question again.

"-no, I mean- we're not dating so-"

"Ahh- well, you guys should-"

"W-what?"

Hoseok walked ahead of Jungkook, leaving him in a loss of words and pure embarrassment. He could feel his cheeks heat up at the slightest, walking into the classroom. He decided that eye contact with Jimin or Hoseok would be a poor decision, knowing his current state. But Jimin didn't fail to ruin the situation when he sat next to Jungkook, attempting to converse with him.

Jimin

He swiftly took a seat next to Jungkook, smiling at his flushed face, covered by stray pieces of black hair that fell forward on his forehead.

"Hey Jungkook."

Jungkook's eyes went meagerly wider before replying in a soft tone.

"Hey-"

Jimin always adored Jungkook's shy nature, he couldn't help but giggle towards the innocent boy.

He grabbed a small, white envelope from his book bag, sliding it on the desk towards Jungkook. The black, inked letters going across the front read Jungkook's name in a caligraphy style. Jimin had painted it on for him.

Jungkook raised his eyebrows in curiosity, then takes a glimpse at Jimin, mentally asking if it's okay to open. Jimin nods once, giving permission. Jungkook cautiously opens the delicate envelope, revealing an inviation to Jimin's party. The invitation looked like it was written, specifically in Jimin's writing. The small cursive is something that Jungkook couldn't forget, he knew it was his.

Jimin watched in anticipation, wondering what Jungkook would think. Jungkook scanned the sheet, seeing the date, it was in the middle of the summer. He glanced back up to Jimin, meeting his eyes.

"It sounds cool, I think I can go-"

"Really? Good- It'll be fun."

Jimin felt elated that he and Jungkook would be able to have one more exciting moment together. But he had a feeling of guilt in the back of his mind, wishing they had more time.