five

Jimin

It was his second day since he transferred to his new English class, sitting next to his two friends, Jungkook and Hoseok. Jimin had tried his hardest to pay attention and take notes, but it's almost impossible when a painfully attractive  boy is on one side of you, and another that won't sit still in his seat, and is notably more animated today, sits on the other side.  

His attention is more brought to Hoseok, who keeps tapping his pencil against his notebook and throwing small paper balls to the trash can. 

"Hoseok-"

The unaware, jittery boy glances over innocently,

"Hm?"

"I can't focus."

Being the airhead he is, Hoseok laughs still unaware of the situation.

"Me neither, I'm so excited."

Jimin nearly rolls his eyes at his unintelligent friend. 

"I'm telling you to stop so I can focus- but what are you excited for?"

He was curious despite trying to pay attention to some boring power point on the board in front of him.

"This weekend I have a gig, you should come, and bring Jungkook with you!"

Jimin remembered Hoseok is an underground rapper, he always enjoys performing, so Jimin always goes to support him. 

Would Jungkook want to go? Is he into that? Maybe it'll be cool. I'll ask him. 

"Jungkook-"

It looked like he had spaced out, staring into the large projector placed at the front of the room.

"Huh?"

Jimin chuckled softly to himself.

"This weekend- wanna see Hoseok perform? He's really good."

Hoseok peeks his head into their conversation.

"Yeah, It'll be good."

Jungkook giggles slightly, covering his smile.

"Sure, I didn't know you performed."

"His rapper name is J-hope-"

Jimin adds, watching Hoseok grab his phone out of his pocket.

"Yeah- listen to my mixtape- it's called 1verse-"

Hoseok leaned over Jimin to Jungkook to hand his phone over to him, causing his chair to tilt over and fall backwards. 

Jimin starts laughing uncontrollably along with Jungkook's few short laughs. The entire class stares, letting out a few scoffs, most stares of annoyance, including the professor. 

"Hoseok, get off your ass and back into your seat, now."

Jimin uses his entire being to not double up on the floor in laughter. He exchanges glances with Jungkook, making them both bite their lips to hold back from laughing. 

The rest of the class consists of Hoseok still not being able to stop chattering and eventually having to move to the front of the classroom. Jimin drew up Jungkook's left arm and let Jungkook draw on his right arm in return. 

This weekend is gonna be good. Jimin had hoped in his mind, stepping out of the classroom.