Prologue

This is Berk. Life here is amazing, just not the way it used to be. It has been two whole years since  Drago Bludvist and his evil Alpha attacked Berk and things haven't been the same since then. My mother, Valka lives with me and today is a special day for Astrid and me. I paced around the room with  worry. Mom laughs at my worrying and said, "Hiccup, try to calm down, She's going to be fine, you'll see." I looked at my mother with a confused look on my face. "Did... Dad been this nervous when I was born?" She thought for a moment and said, "I think so. He was so worried about me that Gobber had to calm him down with his metal hand." We laughed at the joke, but I couldn't stand of missing my dad. I know it wasn't Toothless's fault that he was killed. The Alpha made him to, and he couldn't get the trance out. Toothless was unconfortable of the memory and I went to my dragon and said, "Toothless, it's not your fault that the Alpha controlled you. You are my best friend, i never get mad at you." The Alpha licks me and I grinned at the dragon. Suddenly, Gothi appears from the room and she writes something on the ground with her stick. I asked, "What she saying?" Mom looked at her writing and smiled. She said, "You can go inside now, Hic. Astrid wants to see you." I looked at my mother and Toothless. Toothless nudges me to go on and I went inside. Astrid was in her bed and in her arms was a little blue blanket. I looked at the little baby and smiled. Astrid looks at me with joy and ask, "What shall we name him?" I thought about this for a while. He will be the next heir of Berk, and I want to be a great father. Then it hit me. What about naming our son after my father?  I said, "How about Stoick Hayden Haddock the Second? In honor of my father?" She said, grinning, "That sounds perfect... Chief."  I laughed at the mention of my title. "Come here, you."  I gave her a kiss on the lips, just how I remembered after Toothless became Alpha. Toothless looks at me after I gave the kiss. I stuttered, "W-What you looking at?" The Alpha laughs at me at my confusion but continues looking at little Stoick. "Toothless, this is my son, Stoick Hayden the Second."  I said, "Be nice to him, ok?" The Alpha nods in understanding my concern about my son's safety. I closed the door behind us so Astrid can have some rest from giving birth to Stoick. Mom came to me, eager to find out about her grandchild. "Well? How did it go?"  She asks, excitedly. I grinned at my mother. "It's went great! I just met my son."  I replied. She said, surprised, "You had a son?"  I nodded with happiness. "Yes, we do have a son now. His name is Stoick Hayden Haddock the Second." She grins at the mention of his name, but then her expression changes. I was confused of her sudden change. "Mom? Are you all right?" I asked. She said, "It's just... I wished Stoick was here to see this. He'll never meet his grandson."  I embraced her with a hug and said softly, "I know. I missed him too. If he was here, he would want us to be happy and enjoy this special moment."  She looks at me and smiled, "Thanks, Hic. I really needed the comfort." I said, smirking, "You're welcome. Now, excuse me. I had to go finish my Chieftain duties." I remember Dad's final advice before he passed away, " A Chief protects his own."  

Author's note: This story came to my mind when I was reading a lot of Hiccup running away fanfics and they gave me inspired of what will happen if his son did run away? What will happen? You have to read on to find out. I'll try to update when I have the chance. See you, fellow Dragonites!