Chapter 4/leaving

Stoick

I went to the Academy for the next lesson. I had to wait until the lesson was over so I can make a flight suit for me and a saddle for Darklite. Gobber said, "Today's lesson is all about teamwork. The Zipperback can be very tricky. One head lits his spark, the other one lits its fire. Your job is to know which is which." Elizabeth said, "This dragon can be very tricky, Dad told me about these guys a bunch-" I cut her off, annoyed, "Will you please be quiet?!?" Eric said to Thor, "If that dragon comes up, I am going to- there!" Thor and Eric splashed their water to the other teens. Ash said, "Hey, it's us, you idiots!" Thor said, "Really? I thought you were a dragon!" Eric added, "There's nothing wrong with being a dragon." Lizzie and Ash punched them in the face, causing them to fall down. Ash suddenly notices the dragon. "Wait." She told Lizzie, but the Zipperback trips the girls and Thor yelled, scared, "I'm hurt, very much hurt!" Elizabeth said to me, "It looks like it is after us now." I rolled my eyes at her and said, sarcastically, "Really, Elizabeth, you just notice that now?" The Zipperback came out, and Elizabeth puts her water out, except it landed on the wrong head. She realizes her mistake and said, "Oops. Wrong head." The Zipperback roars at lits his spark at her, and she ran in fear. Gobber yells at me, "Now, Stoick!" I did as instructed but the water landed on my feet. "Oh, come on!" I groaned. The dragon came towards me and Gobber was terrified of what the dragon might do to me. "Stoick!" He yells, but I got up and said, "Back! Back! Don't make me tell you again!" The other teens looked at me with shock. "That's right, back into your cage," I slightly grabbed the eel I brought from earlier, "And think about what you've done." I tossed the eel into the cage, leaving the dragon scared and I looked at the class. They were speechless of what just happened. "Ok, are we done for the day? I want to go... bye!" I quickly ran from the Academy.

Ashley

I couldn't believe what I just saw. Stoick actually knew what he was doing. I went to the village and I bumped into Hiccup. "Oh, hey, Chief." I said to the Chief. He said, "Ash , how many times that I have to tell you? You don't need to call me "Chief" you can call me "Hiccup or Hic." I said, "Sorry. Haven't you seen anything strange about Stoick lately?" He looks at me with confusion and said, "No, I haven't seen him act so strange lately. Why you ask?" I shrugged, "I thought you know, because that you're his dad, right?" He said, sadly, "I don't know if he understands that I am trying to be a dad. He still respects me as his Chief." I said, "Hey, Hic, it just need some time. Someday that you two will bond together, I just know it will happen." He looks at me with a grin. "You really think that there is hope for Stoick and me?" I laughed at the Chief. "Of course! Besides, I've been his friend since we were kids! I know that there is something special between the two of you." I left the Chief of what I've said to him.

Hiccup

I thought about what Ash said. "There is something special between the two of you."  "Can she be right? Is there something special that Stoick and I share? " I thought. I went to the Great Hall where Astrid was waiting for me. "Hey, there, Milady." I greeted. She smiles at me and said, "Hey, yourself. Is there something wrong?" I sigh, "It's just that Stoick is so much like me. Do you think there is something special between the both of us, Astrid?" She laughs, "Hic, you and Stoick are the same. He has the same personality as you. He has the heart of the Chief and the Soul of a Dragon. You can't change that."  I grinned at her and embrace her, "Thanks, Astrid, you know just what to say to me when I need it." She said, "You're welcome, Hic. I always be there for you. Always." 

Stoick

I finished my suit and my saddle. I took my supplies I needed for me and Darklight. I looked around for the last time around my room, knowing that it will be the last time I will ever see it. I ran down the stairs as quickly as I can, not leaving a note for my parents or grandmother that I left. I went to the Cove and whistled for Darklite. He came at once and he seemed to be surprised that I have a saddle and a flight suit. I put the saddle on his back and climbed aboard into his back. I looked at the village one last time. I hope that everyone will be fine, especially Ashley. She would be the greatest trainer in all of Berk one day. I took a deep sigh and said, "Bud, let's find us a new home to live, shall we?" He nods at the idea and I flipped the switch on Darklight's tail and we flew off into the night sky, not looking back of what I've left behind.

Toothless ( Didn't expect it, did you?) 

 I went to Stoick's room to check on him. I know that being the son of a Chief isn't easy. As I was looking around, I suddenly realize that something isn't right. I looked around in panick, looking for my best friend's son. I went downstairs and I went to see Cloudjumper who was fast asleep. I nudged the elder dragon to wake up. He said, " Toothless, it's late." "Cloudjumper, something isn't right. It's about Stoick!" The dragon stood up immediately and looks directly at me, "What is this about Stoick, Toothless?"   I rolled my eyes at the dragon as if it was very obvious, " I think that Stoick ran away." The dragon looked at me with surprise and said, "Should we let Hiccup and Valka know about this?" I nodded and said, "I will go find Hiccup. In the meantime alert the rest of the dragons on a search for the Chief's son." He nodded and we go on our spreated ways. I saw my best friend with Astrid and Stormfly. I ran up to them frantically, trying to get their attention. Stormfly looks at me and said, "Toothless, what is this about? Is there something wrong?" I said, "Yeah, I think our Riders need to see this." 

Astrid

 I noticed Toothless and I said to Hiccup, "Hiccup, Toothless wanted to show us something." Hiccup looks at his Alpha and asked, "What is the matter, bud?" He took Hic's metal leg and ran off in a hurry. I looked at his direction and asks, "Uh, how long that he's going to get before he realizes?" Hic sat up and said, "Hard to say. It seemed to be very important." We looked down at the limp of his knee. Toothless must've realized his mistake and sheepishly drops the metal leg. Hic pats his Alpha in reassurance, "It's ok, bud. I like the energy." Hic reinstall his leg and Toothless pounces around. I asked, "What's with Toothless? He never acts like this before." Hic replies, "Maybe that he's hungry again." Toothless pushed him into our son's room. I noticed that his notebook and other supplies are missing! "Hiccup. Look." I whispered to the Chief. He looked and notices the same thing. We looked at one other, fearing the worse. "No, he wouldn't." Hic said, trying not to believe what I was going to say. "Hiccup, he ran away." The Chief didn't believe me and he saddled up and flew in search for his only son. I knew it was hopeless to search for Stoick. When Hiccup came back, he was sad and with disbelief. Our son was gone and we have no idea where he is. 

Author's note: What you guys think of this chapter? It was kinda hard for me to write out Hiccup's reaction when he found out of his son's disappearance. Where did you think Stoick and Darklite went to for their new home and their new life? Will Ashley be ok with Stoick's disappearance? Find out in the next chapter. See ya, Dragonites!