Chapter 3/Meeting Darklite

Stoick

I woke up early so that Mom and Dad didn't know that I was awake. I sneaked into the woods to find the Night Fury I saw yesterday. "Where did he go?" I muttered. I turned around and the Night Fury was behind me! I gulped and sheepishly said, "Hi, there." The Night Fury looked at me with confusion of why I was in the woods alone. I said, "I didn't mean to scare you, I was afraid that you would attack me yesterday." I explained to the Night Fury. The Night Fury looked at it's tail and I noticed the left tail fin was gone, just like Toothless had five years ago. I said, "Wow. It looks like that you and Toothless had the same problem, huh?" The Night Fury looks at me with sadness. I said, comforting the Night Fury, "Hey, It's going to be fine, you'll see." The Night Fury gave me the famous gummy smile and I laughed. "That's so cool that you and Toothless have retractable teeth." The Night Fury went towards me and I raised my hand to gain it's trust from the lesson I had in training. The Night Fury looks at me before making a decision. I took a deep breath and I looked away from him. The Night Fury hesitants then I felt it's snout on my hand. I grinned, knowing that I gained his trust. I petted my new dragon, and I said, "I think you need a name." I thought of the name for a while, and it hit me. I said, "I think I'm going to name you, Darklight. Do you like it, bud?" Darklite grins at the name and licks me. "Ok, Darklite it is then. Darklite, I promise you that I will make you a tail so you can fly. In the meantime, you have to stay in the Cove until I come back." I instruct the Night Fury. He understood immediately and flew to the Cove. This is going to be hard. How did Dad manage to keep Toothless a secret from the whole village? I went to the village to find the rest of the teens. When I did, the first thing I saw was Ashley waiting for me.

Ashley

I saw Stoick coming to join in for Gobber's tales of how he lost his arm and leg. I asked, "Where have you been, Stoick? I was looking everywhere for you." He said, "Oh, that. I was up early and I wanted to go to the woods." I looked at him with confusion. I asked, "Why you go to the woods for?" He said, shrugging, "I guess that I needed the peace and quiet, you know, being the son of the Chief and all." I said, giving up, "Ok, I guess. Come on, Gobber's telling us some of his stories of how he lost his arm and legs." I heard him laugh, "Again? How many times he have to tell us those stories, Ash?" I shrugged, "I lost count, to be honest with you." We sat next to each other, and I almost touched his hand, I quickly moved it away. Gobber said, "It took it and swollen it whole. It must've spread the word, because that other one took my leg." The other teens were amazed of what the Blacksmith told them. "Woah." Eric asked, "Isn't weird to think your hand was inside it's mouth, and you might be able to control it?" Lizzie said, "That's quite stupid, Eric." Elizabeth said, eagerly excited, "I can't wait to get my own dragon! It will be cool!" Thor said, "I will avenge your hand and your leg with my face." Gobber laughs, "No, it is the wings and the tails you really want. If it can't fly, it can't get away. Toothless has the same situation when he first met the Chief. Remember, A drowned dragon is a dead dragon." Gobber yawned, "I'm heading to bed. You should too. Tomorrow we'll go for the big boys and one of you will train a dragon in front of the whole village." Thor said, "It's going to be me. See? It's my destiny." Elizabeth gasps, "Your mother get you a tattoo?" Lizzie said, "Ok, I been with you since birth and that was never there before."  I noticed that Stoick had left us and I saw him heading towards town.  "What is that boy up to?" I thought as I rejoin the other teens.

Stoick

I went to the Forge and I picked up the blueprint of Toothless's first tail. I worked all night and I was happy when I finished the tail. The Next morning, I brought a basket of fish for Darklight. "Darklight come here, bud." The Night Fury came at once and sniffed the basket. I laughed, "Yeah, bud, I brought breakfast for you, I hope you're hungry. There's salmon, some cod, and a smoke eel." Darklight seemed to not like the eel and he was scared. I said, quickly removing the eel from the basket, "It's ok, it's ok, I don't like eel much either." The Night Fury went to the basket and I said, "That's it, bud. Get to the good stuff. Don't you mind me, minding my own business." I went to the tail and I took a quick look to see if he wasn't looking. I sat on his tail, and he moves it. "It's ok." I said, as I stopped him from moving the tail. "You're going to love this." I strapped the tail and I didn't noticed that Darklight was shock of this change and was raising his wings behind me. I muttered to myself as I looked at the tailfin, "It could work." Suddenly he flew up into the sky, and I was holding on the tail, "What, no! No!" I looked at the tail and opened the tail! It worked perfectly and I gasp, "Oh, my, it's working! Yes, I did it!" Darklight looks at the tail and flips me out into the river below. Darklight was on the other side and I yelled, in happiness, "Yeah!" I knew that my life will be changed forever. I knew the risks of keeping Darklite a secret from everyone, but what can I do to keep my best friend safe from danger? Then I had an idea: I had decided to run away with Darklight, tonight.

Author's note: What you guys think of this Chapter? writing out how Darklite and Stoick first meet was a little bit tricky, but I made a few changes. What you think of how Hiccup is going to react? Find out in the next chapter. See you later, Dragonites!