Chapter 6/Ashley finds out about Stoick

Ashley 

It has been two days since Tobias and his Night Fury arrived in Berk, but I couldn't shake this feeling that I know him. Tobias looks around and was searching for something. "Are you all right, Tobias?" I asked him. He said, "I'm looking for someone. The Chief of Berk, he needs the right to know about Viggo going to attack Berk." I sighed, "Oh, you're looking for Hiccup. He's not going." He looks at me with a confused, yet surprise look. "What do you mean?" He asked. I said, "He isolated himself in his room because that he lost someone close to him." "Really? Wait, if he isolated himself, who is running the village?" He asked me. I giggled at his confusion. "Well, you are looking at her." I explained as if it was quite oblivious. He was speechless and said, "Wait, YOU are the Chief? That's-That's...." "What? You think I couldn't handle running the village?" I asked. He raised his hands, "What? No! It's just that it's great that you're the Chief and all, it's just a little bit surprise for me that's all." He went to the Haddock Household and I followed him. Tobias went inside with his Night Fury and sigh with relief as if it was the first time he came back home.

Tobias

I went inside my own house and I took a deep sigh. It is a lot to process since I was gone for five years with Darklight. I couldn't believe that Dad isolated himself and let Ash run the village because I ran away. As I was thinking, I noticed Toothless watching us. The Alpha looks directly at me and I took a deep breath, and said in Dragonese, "Hey Toothless. It's been a while." "How did you know my name if I barely know you?" "Toothless, you don't recognize me at all? It's me, Stoick Hayden Haddock the Second." The Alpha looks at me, backing up as if I was a dream. I laughed at his reaction because that I have grown so much and I looked exactly like my dad. As I looked around, I hear a Deadly Nadder coming in. I thought it was my mother, but instead, it was Ashley! I turned around and I asked, "What you want?" She said, "Tobias, I couldn't shake this feeling that we met before. You remind me of someone I used to know." I looked at her and gesture her to continue explaining. "I had a crush on the Chief's son ever since we were kids. Funny thing is, that I never told anyone about it, especially my own father. When he mysteriously left, I felt alone and I never talked to the other teens because of his disappearance. If I ever see him again, I wish that he would explain why he left me, our home, and his family." I was about to cry as I listen her. It was my fault that she was alone for five years, and I did left Berk without explaining. Darklite looks at me and gestures me to reveal my identity to her. I took a deep breath and said, "Ash, he did left for a reason and he's sorry." She looks into my eyes and she gasps. She reaches for my mask, and I didn't stop her from revealing my face. She asks softly, "Stoick?" I smile at my friend and said, "Hi, Ash. It's been a long time since we last saw each other." She was speechless when she found out that I was Tobias.

Ashley

I couldn't believe it! Tobias is Stoick, the lost son of Hiccup the Third and I just confess my true feelings to him? Gosh, what was I thinking?!? He looks at me and ask, "Ash, are you ok? I know it's a lot to process right now." I looked at him and said, "Stoick Hayden the Second, do you know how much this village missed you for FIVE years? Your own father isolated himself because of your disappearance!" He said, "Look, I said I was sorry that I left you in charge of Berk. I didn't know that you would step up to be the Chief of whole village!" I said, "I see your point, but there is something I didn't get." Stoick looks at me with confusion, "And what do you not get?" "Why you decide to come back, after being gone for five years?" I asked. He sighs, "Because Ash, I had seen what Viggo can do. He destroy Isles and the villagers who lived there. I fought him, and many people were killed by his Dragons. He wanted to make a Dragon Army, just like Drago." He looked sad when he mentioned it. I said, "Stoick, you tried to save those people from dying, it's not your fault." He said, "But Ash, I felt responsible for them. I don't want to lose Berk, just like it happen to the isles I tried to save. I don't Berk to fall into the same fate. A Chief protects his own." I saw his bravery and courage that he had for five years. I punched him in the shoulder. He said, "Ow! Ash, what was that for?" I replied, "That's for leaving us for five years!" He rubbed his shoulder and looks at his Night Fury. The Night Fury shrugs at him as if he didn't care. Then I kissed him on the cheek. "That's for coming back. I missed you, Stoick." He said, "I missed you too, Ash. Promise me that you wouldn't tell anyone I was Stoick, not even to my own mother. I want to tell them when the time is right." "Ok, I won't tell anyone. I promise. But you have some explaining to do when this is all over." I replied, smirking. He said, raising his hands up, "Fine... Chief!" We laughed and I am glad I'm the first one to find out his identity.

Author's note: I personally love this chapter now! Ashley finds out and admits her feelings to Stoick! Do you think that Tobias can keep his secret longer before he reveals it to the whole village? By the way, Happy Valentine's Day! I hope that you like this Chapter as much as I do! See you, Dragonites!