Chapter 2/ Hiccup's talk

Hiccup

It was late and I was wondering of where Stoick was. I hear a door open and I knew it was Stoick sneaking in the house. I said, "Stoick." He said, "Dad! Uh, I need to talk to you, Dad." I said, "I need to talk to you too, Son." We said at the same time, "I think it's time you get your own Dragon." "I want to get my own dragon. What?" I said, "You go first." Stoick said, "No, you go first." I took a deep breath and said, "Ok, I know that Dragon Training would be difficult for you, so how about I take you on a private lesson, just the two of us?" Stoick seemed scared of the idea, "A-Are you sure it's a good idea? I think that is a bad idea since you are the Chief and all." I laughed, "Son, this would be great time for us to bond together." Stoick looks at the Alpha for help and Toothless shrugs at him, as if he didn't like the idea either. Stoick makes a yawn, "I'm going to bed, Dad. It's late and I need the energy for training tomorrow." He went up to his room and closes the door. What I say to discomfort him? As I was thinking, I saw Astrid coming towards me. "Was that Stoick coming in from Dragon Training?" She asks me.  I nodded, "Yeah, he just came back from the Great Hall. He didn't like the idea of us spending time together." Astrid said, "Maybe he respects you as a Chief instead of being a father." I looked at my Milady's eyes, "Are you sure that's the reason that he didn't want to spend time with me?" She laughs, "Hic, he's the spitting image of you when we were fifteen years old. Just give him time to be himself."  I  looked at the picture of my dad sitting across the living room. I chuckled of the memories I had with him when he didn't believed me that I shot Toothless down five years ago. The Alpha decides to do something he hasn't done in a long time. He tackles me to the ground and licks me nonstop with his silva. I groaned, "Toothless, you know that never wash out!" Astrid and Toothless laughed at me with my discomfort and I said, "Oh, be quiet you two." 

Stoick

I went to my room and close the door. I couldn't believe that Dad suggested to take me Dragon Training himself. What was he thinking, I don't need a babysitter looking after me. I went to my desk and it had sketches of different inventions I wanted to make in the Forge. I went to a new page and began to draw with my left hand of the Night Fury I encountered in the woods. "Where did you come from?" I muttered to myself when I finished the drawing. The Night Fury looks like Toothless, except that his skin is dark blue with red eyes. As I finish drawing, I noticed Toothless coming in! I quickly closed the notebook before he notices my drawing of his own kind he thought that he was the only Night Fury in existence. "Hey, bud. What you doing here?" I asked the Alpha. The Alpha looks at me as if asking, "What are you doing in your room?"  I tried to make an excuse, "It's nothing, Toothless, I'm fine." It was a terrible lie, to be honest, but I can't let anyone know about the new discovery I made in the woods today. The Night Fury seemed to be convinced and flew off from my window. Whew, that was a close call. I thought of the lesson that Gobber gave to us this morning. His words still stuck in my mind, " Training first and ends with trust."  Then why didn't he attack me if I was in his territory? I knew that I had to train this Night Fury and find out for myself. I went to bed and fell asleep.

Ashley

I went to my house and closed the door. I sigh in relief that the day was over. Just as I was walking to my room, my dad saw me. He said, "Hey, Ash. How was your first day of Dragon Training?" I shrugged, "It was ok, I guess. Gobber did the lesson today in the Academy." He chuckles, "He let the Gronkle out, didn't he?" I laughed, "Yeah, he did, and I got to say, it wasn't easy. I still don't get his teaching methods." Dad chuckles at the memories he had when he was in training. He said, "You know what, Ash, you're not the only one who was confused of his teaching methods." I looked into his eyes and ask, "What was it like, when you first saw Toothless?" He thought for a while, and said, "Well, to be honest, I had no idea that Hiccup had Toothless as his dragon.  On the day he was supposed to kill a dragon, Hookfang almost killed him." I gasped in shock. Did Hookfang really tried to kill the Chief of Berk? Dad saw my reaction and laughs, "Hey, he didn't mean to attack Hiccup. It was Stoick's fault, not Hic's." "What you mean, Dad?" I asked, confused of his explanation. "Well, you see, after Hiccup told the whole village that he wasn't like the rest of us, his father ordered to stop the fight, but Hic tries to get his talent out, but Stoick didn't listen and banged his hammer against the metal wall. Hookfang hears the sound, causing him to go wild and put Hiccup in danger." "Oh. Did Toothless heard his Rider was in danger right then?" I asked, curious of the story. Dad nodded, as if he was remembering that day. "I think so. When everyone saw the Night Fury for the first time, Toothless battled Hookfang to protect his rider. When Hookfang admits defeat, he ran off. The villagers were already in the Academy then. Back then, it was called the Kill Ring. Toothless defends Hiccup as he tried to tell them that they are making it worse." "How did you felt when that was going on?" I asked, wondering. He thought for a while, then said, "I was afraid of Toothless, but when I saw how much Toothless cared for Hiccup, I knew right then, maybe he was right about dragons aren't killers after all.  Hiccup was the one who helped me trained Hookfang in the first place." I couldn't stop thinking about how much Berk has changed all because of one boy befriended a dragon. I went to the room and I looked at the painting of Stoick and me as kids. I couldn't help smiling at it. I had a crush on him ever since we were friends, and I never told anyone about it, especially, Dad. He will think that I was going nuts for falling in love with the Chief's son.

Viggo

I want to get dragons for my army, but how? I was looking at my map, then my older brother, Ryker came to me with some information. "Viggo, I think I know how you can get dragons for your army." He informs me. My eyes filled with glee when he said it. I asked, eagerly, "How, brother?" He scratches his chin, trying to remember. Then he said, "I hear that there was a village that actually had peace with the beasts." I asked, "Where is this village?" He said, "I think it was in an Isle named Berk, I believe." Berk. Where did I hear that name before? Ryker looks at me, waiting for an order. "We will strike Berk when the time is right. In the meantime, tell me more about this Isle." "I'll be happy to, brother. As soon as we deal with these.... prisoners." Two guards held a woman and her dragon. "You will be sorry when you messed with the wrong Viking, Viggo." She said to the Dragon Hunter. Viggo laughs at the woman's bravery. "You would be sorry, my dear. He will do anything to protect you." The woman struggles with all her might as the guard took her away. "We will have those dragons soon, even it means destroying the village." I said, laughing evilly.

Author's note: Who is Viggo's prisoner? Why does Viggo want with a dragon Army? As for Ashley, what you think of her having a crush on Stoick? Please vote! I really appreciate it.