Ten

N

N

It's only 5 in the evening and I've already chugged down a pint of beer. I'm not exactly proud of it, although it's not something I find difficulty doing. That amount of alcohol doesn't even faze my system, I have total control of my disposition; almost as much as I would sober.

I'd been bored so I decided to join Louis to one of his college parties, and to be frank, it's lamer than any other party I've been to. But then again, it is only 5 PM.

I gaze at the gold liquid swirling in my red solo cup, comfortably slumped on the sofa in the common area, now and then taking glimpses of the scattered people in the room. Blunts are being passed around a hazy circle of adolescents on the floor and the stench tickles my nostrils. I haven't been offered a drag but I probably wouldn't refuse.

Instead, I remain sipping my cup and watching on as if everything around me is moving in fast motion.

I don't know where Louis had gone so I've been alone for the past hour with the exception of new faces trying to talk to me on occasion. The thing is, the people who keep talking to me aren't the one person who I want to be with right now.

I blame Cady. That sad girl has taken my girlfriend and vanished me to a state of misery.

Not to mention, it's been 2 weeks since I've gotten laid. Kaya and I can't do anything with Cady always being around and it's irritating, to say the least. I've had to rub my meat for my own pleasure and it really sucks when I know I have a girlfriend who could take care of it for me to a higher degree of satisfaction.

"So Niall, do you go here?" A girl sat a cushion away asks me, long black hair running down her back. She's been attempting a conversation with me for the past twenty minutes. "I've never seen you around."

I shake my head, refusing to meet her eyes. I'm too entranced with my beer. "Nah, I'm still in high school."

"Wow, I didn't take you to be that young. You seem so mature!" She promptly chimes. It's not hard to catch the flirtatious tone in her voice and it makes me snicker.

"Thanks, I get that a lot." I drag myself off the sofa and give the girl the remains of my cup, turning away before she can say anything back. I plod off and inhale a sharp breath, my hands finding home in my pockets.

I might be desperate for sex but I've got my morals. I would never be the type of person to do that to Kaya.

My feet guide me around the home as I carefully scan a number of blurry faces for Louis, but the said boy is still nowhere to be found. I even attempt asking a few of his classmates where he might be, but they all don't know and I'm left to give up. That fucker is always ditching me in places without telling me things. I swear to God, I need more friends.

So, I abandon the party and head towards the exit of the house.

There's more people milling about on the grassy yards and sidewalks, and I have to take a second to remind myself that I'm currently on a college street. It's dirty and loud, the complete opposite of my quiet and safe neighborhood.