Twenty

N

N

"I can't believe you're going back just because of your girlfriend," Thomas tells me from his bed.

I shrug, pulling my shoes on as I get ready to leave. "Well you better believe it, 'cause I am."

"Will you show me a picture of her?" Thomas inquires as he squeezes a pillow under his head. "You said you would but you still haven't."

"I haven't 'cause I don't want another man looking at her, idiot." I spit back, standing upright and dusting off the front of my jean shorts.

A pillow lunges my way and throws me off balance. I catch it before it lands on the floor, my eyes darting towards a satisfied Thomas with a shit-eating grin on his face. That dick.

"Just show me a picture!" He pleas again.

I groan and launch the pillow back at his face. He fakes an ow! as I dig my phone from my pocket and turn it on, my screen already displaying Kaya as my wallpaper. It's one of her in a bikini that I'd taken last summer; there's a cute smile on her face as her brown hair cascades down her back, her tanned figure leading to her perfectly rounded bottom.

"Fine," I say, already walking towards Thomas' bed. I go to my camera roll and locate an innocent picture. I don't want Thomas seeing Kaya half-naked. That's only for me to see.

"Here,"

Thomas sits up to look at my phone, squinting his eyes and tilting his head. It's like he's carefully examining the picture.

"Oh, wow. She's... she's alright." He remarks, his voice disappointed. "She's not as hot as you described her though."

I snag the pillow beside the boy and shove it in his face, pushing it down deeply so that he'll feel my wrath.

"Piss off, she's the hottest girl in the world." I let go of the pillow and step back, gazing at the picture on my phone. "You're just blind."

Thomas laughs. "Alright."

I shake my head, my eyes still fixated on my screen. "I swear to God, I'm gonna marry that girl one day, Thomas." I lock the phone and put it back in my pocket. "She's gonna birth my children."

The brown-haired boy chuckles and looks at me weirdly. "You're in some deep love, man. It's kinda cute. I wish you loved me that much."

I roll my eyes and take my turn to give him an odd eye. The boy just continues to laugh. He's got one of those contagious kind of laughs that makes you want to laugh too, so I can't help it as I also let myself release a chuckle.

With my hands on my hips, I emit a sad sigh as we hum down into seriousness. I look at Thomas for a minute, remembering how much of a great friend he's been for the past couple of months. We haven't been friends for long, but I know we would've been partners in crime had I stayed in this country longer. I feel kind of sad to let him go.