Twelve

I don't know if it's the thought of moving with the plan of Operation Call-Liam-To-Get-Cady-Back that motivates Niall to get better faster than usual, or if his body only needed a couple hours to rejuvenate, but he's already normal and healthy by ...

I don't know if it's the thought of moving with the plan of Operation Call-Liam-To-Get-Cady-Back that motivates Niall to get better faster than usual, or if his body only needed a couple hours to rejuvenate, but he's already normal and healthy by evening time.

He's cheerful and jumpy as ever, and I can't help but wonder if he's really okay or if his body's just betraying him.

Nevertheless, I can't stop him from grabbing his phone to call Liam.

"Lima bean?" Niall says once the other line answers. I give him an odd look and he just snickers.

"Yeah, it's Niall. Don't hang up on me, but I—" Niall pauses, Liam is probably talking. "Yeah, Cady's been at Kaya's for the past two weeks... "

He saunters to his window and I remain watching his back from his bed. "I'm calling because you need to come get her. You need to fix this, I'm sure you want her back—"

Confused as to why he stopped mid-sentence, I sit up and listen closer. Except Niall takes the phone away from his ear and is spinning to face me.

"The fucker hung up on me." Niall proclaims, frustration etched on his features. "I'm not taking that for an answer, I'm calling again—" His phone starts to ring and his eyes drop to the screen. "Or not." He shows the phone to me first, Liam's caller ID displaying on the phone.

He answers. "Yeah?"

Niall's quiet for a few minutes, listening to Liam on the other line, most likely.

After an oh, okay, see you then, Niall is ending the call and widening his eyes at me.

"He's on his way." He announces, a small grin creeping onto his lips.

It doesn't take long for Liam to drive to my house. If I guess correctly, the guy probably jumped in his car right when Niall had called him. I know just as much as the next person that he can't keep himself away from Cady, no matter how furious he is for whatever she's done. Cady has him on a leash and she doesn't know it.

The tall boy is ringing my bell when we've settled in my living room, Niall on my right and Cady on my left on the sofa. Little did she know that this set up wasn't for binge watching Netflix to casually chill out—as I had previously claimed to her earlier. That it's really a personal intercession to bring the couple back together. Hopefully.

My hopes fly out the door just as soon as Niall rushes to open it.

When Liam's showed himself entirely to our view, Cady takes a sharp in-take from her seat and leaps off her spot. She's running to Liam like he's her matching magnet, and Liam's eyes are softening as we waits for her with open arms. The sounds of her overjoyed sobs and Liam's attained laughter lift something in my chest and Niall joins me to watch the happy couple.

The two indulge each other for a few minutes, until they realize that there are other people in the room, observing their every move. Their cheeks inflame once they meet Niall and I's eyes, but Niall and I just remain grinning at them like we'd been doing.