Prologue

Just as a woman was putting her baby down to sleep, a man knocked on the door of her house. She carried the girl with her to the door and opened it a crack, not qutie sure why he was here, especially so late at night.

"Hello... can I help you with something?" she asked uncertainly.

"May I come in? I must speak to you... I will do it quickly, may I?"

"What do you need to tell me?" She asked, not moving from the doorway.

"Your girl is special, my lady." the man bowed before the confused woman, "I cannot tell you much, but one day she will become part of another world, one you are not part of."

"I don't know what you're talking about." She snapped, and hugged the baby to her chest tighter. A spark of redefinition flickered in her eyes, and she added in a whisper, "He promised. He promised!"

"I'm sorry. I cannot help you. That is all I can tell you, like I said before. Farewell. We may meet again... we may not. It is not for me to say that, it is up to fate. So, if we do, I will see you again, if not, farewell." The man walked silently off the porch, his shadow stretching across the stairs. Then the night swallowed him up as though he had never been there, his footsteps fading on the concrete.

He left Lena's mother staring after him. She clutched Lena to her chest even tighter, wishing she never had to grow up and never had to join the other world and leave her, as the mysterious man had warned- maybe forever.

"He's lying." She murmured to herself. Lena turned her face to her mother and gazed up with brown eyes, and for a moment her mother thought she saw a touch of red flicker through them.

AUTHORS NOTE: hiii guys um so this is an old story Im reworking on from the beginning and I hope you like it! :) VOTE & COMMENT... idk lol. have a nice day! i super need help with this cover idk i tried pixlr but it got all pixilated lol anyways I WOULD APPRECIATE HELP WITH THAT :)

tova