Chapter 12

Lena and Quoim stared at the Calista, who snapped at them, “What? I was studying in the courtyard. What is wrong with people here?” She flipped her brown hair and her blue eyes turned red in anger.

“What? We didn’t even say anything!” Lena exclaimed defensively.

“Well, all you’ve been doing is staring at me for five minutes, so…”

“Whatever.” Quoim snapped, “Why are you even in here?”

“Because this is my dorm.” Calista snapped, “Is everyone here PMSing or something?!”

“What are you talking about?” Lena asked, confused.

“I’m talking about that little bitch who thinks she owns the school with the little pack of people following her.”

“Oh, that’s Ellevet.” Quoim stated, grimacing.

“Oh, so that’s what her name is. Little bitch.” Calista seemed to like calling her a bitch. Lena wondered what exactly had gone down in the courtyard.

“You get the middle bed with the view.” Quoim told Calista, “And welcome to the best dorm at this school.”

*  *  *

“Lena…. Lena. Leeeeena. LENA!”

“Hi…” Lena mumbled, sitting up and running a hand through her hair.

“Five a.m.”

“Actually, it’s five oh one and twenty seven seconds in th-“ Calista started, but was cut off by Quoim.

“Please stop showing your Power off, I’m trying to finish homework here.” Quoim groaned.

“If you’re trying to finish homework, then I can just stop time for you… But what are you talking about?” Calista asked, confused, “What’s a Power?”

“Ooookay. Basically a Power is some special ability that you have, and there are a bunch of them and some are common, some are uncommon, and some are rare, like Lena’s and mine. I’m guessing since you know how to stop time and know the exact time, you’re a Time Traveler. You can also go backward or forwards in time and fast forwards time. It’s a relatively common Power.”

“Oh… I thought everyone could do that!” Calista smiled, “Cool.”

Calista proceeded to stop time so they did their homework, and Quoim and Calista then both got back into bed. Lena unplugged her cell phone from the charger she had gotten and went to call her mom.

Lena moved her finger along the buttons, punching her mom’s number in. The she clicked call, and the screen read: calling, ‘mom’. She wouldn’t be awake, so Lena would just leave a voicemail. “After the tone, please record your message, you may hang up or press one for more options.”

 The beep came on and Lena stared into space for a few moments, then cleared her throat and said, “Hi Mom, this is Lena... I just wanted to say that I’m fine, and,” She stopped, not knowing what to say, “I’m fine and... call me back please. It’s like January I think… Yeah. Um, bye.” Lena hit end call and walked back to the dorm to sleep until classes started again.

However, when she got back to the dorm room, sleep seemed to be out of the question.

“What, like, in the actual fucking hell?!” Calista screeched.

AUTHORS NOTE:

 Ahahahhahaaaaa cliffhanger im so cool lol jk so I started school ill prob update over the weekend again im gonna see if I can write my update to 9375 Pearl Avenue Gloss, Perfection before I go to sleep which I probably can and I would totally absolutely love you if you read it! Thank you I love all of  you guys!! sorry its so short im not having a lot of inspiration ill try to make the next chapter better

VOTE COMMENT FOLLOW!

<3

tova