Prologue.

Everybody knows nerds, right? Stereotypically they wore glasses that were too big for their faces, glasses that helped them to see because they would be almost blind if they don’t wear them. Rumors about nerds had it that they were suffering from a big list of allergies and that they carried an inhaler around in case they get an asthma attack when they weren’t home.

The thing that characterizes most nerds was their school report; it was a stereotype to say most nerds had no friends so they spend their afternoons studying which made them be straight A-students. Most movies about nerds showed how nerds were used by the other students to get a good grade. Whenever there was a project to be done, the most popular students of the year would pair up with the nerds, but they had no intention to help the nerds with the project, they let the nerd do all the work and let them put both names on the project.

In most cases, nerds also were a punching bag for the popular people, a person to make fun of whenever you were bored.

There are a lot of stereotypes for a nerd, and most of them applied to Marcel Styles.

Marcel Styles was a sixteen year old boy who was smaller than most guys his age and he wore big glasses on his face and his clothing style consisted of white button up shirts, brown cloth pants and on most days he wore a vest over the white shirt. His chocolate brown curls were combed to the side and whenever he was nervous he started to stutter his words which caused most people to make fun of him in the school hallways.

Marcel’s life at school was hell, but he knew better than complaining about it. He just saw it as his destiny and tried his best to stay out of everybody’s way at school. After all, all he wanted was to learn and graduate high school, it was just one more year before Marcel would be able to head off for college.

The only person Marcel trusted was his older brother by two minutes, Harry. He was Marcel’s twin, but despising the same birthday and the same surname, they couldn’t be more different. While Marcel was a straight A-student, Harry hardly passed his classes, and he never wore glasses, Harry had decided to go with contacts when he was younger while Marcel decided glasses would be best for him. But nevertheless, Harry was really protective over Marcel.

Harry and Marcel didn’t live in the same house; Marcel lived with their mom while their dad took Harry with him when they got divorced. Harry and Marcel were eight year old when they got separated, but they grew to be close to each other and Marcel knew everything about Harry while Harry knew everything about Marcel.

Owing to the distance between the twins, Harry went to a different school than Marcel did so he had no clue about the bullying his younger brother went through, and Marcel never mentioned it, he hated it to worry Harry.

Another difference between Harry and Marcel was that Harry was a womanizer. It was impossible for him to stay with a girl for more than a week, and most of the girls he took home were girls Harry met at a party and they were nothing but a good fuck to Harry.

Beside the fact that Marcel’s nerdy look turned off most girls, he never was after girls, he found himself being attracted to boys, and that was the biggest secret he hid from Harry, and although he felt guilty about it, he couldn’t tell Harry.

The boy that made Marcel’s heart beat louder every time he was near him (see what I did there? No? Ok) was Louis Tomlinson, but it didn’t took long for Marcel to notice Louis was out of his league.

Louis Tomlinson was smaller than Marcel, but you don’t have to look twice to see Louis was way stronger than Marcel; Louis worked out and his arms were muscular, just like his legs; everyone knew Louis went boxing every Saturday. Marcel knew Louis’ hair used to be a feather-brown but Louis died it black a few years ago and ever since that day nobody saw the brown hairs again. Louis had a few piercings in his face and tattoos were lingering on his arms and Marcel once saw a chest tattoo on Louis when he was picking up books that he dropped, you could say Louis was a punker, but Marcel hated labeling people.

The thing that made Marcel sure about the fact that he would never get with Louis was that Louis was one of the popular guys, and he was everything but a good guy. Louis was one of the people that bullied people because they thought it was fun.

Another aspect was that Louis was known for his endless partying on the weekends, he could easily beat up the strongest guys, he hooked up with a lot of girls, he smoked and rumors had it that Louis did drugs, but nobody had a proof so it was just another rumor, but it didn’t make Louis less dangerous.

The thing was, Marcel had fallen for Louis, fallen hard.