Chapter 16 - The Talk.

“A love story could begin anywhere.”

~

“Louis, say what you want or I’ll be gone,” Marcel said eagerly, not wanting to spend a minute more than needed with Louis. Simply looking at him hurt him and he couldn’t stand being here. He felt reminded of how dumb and naïve he was. Marcel bit his lower lip and swallowed hardly, his eyes fixed on the boy standing in front of him.

“I… can you come in? I’d like to talk to you, without the neighbors listening to every word,” Louis choked out and looked at Marcel who was hesitating a bit, thinking about if it was a good idea to enter the house, but before he knew he found himself shrugging and walking past Louis into the living room. He shoved his hands into his pockets and turned around, looking at Louis once again.

“Say what you need to say before I go home again,” Marcel said as coldly as he could.

Louis took a deep breath. “I want you to know I’m sorry and I also want you to know that I’m aware of the fact that it isn’t making anything better. It isn’t going to heal the pain and it isn’t going to erase the pain you went through because of me. I never wanted to hurt you, Marcel. I won’t deny the fact that this was a bet because it was a bet, but-“

“Did you seriously ask me to come in just so you can hurt me even more?” Marcel spat, tears burning in his eyes, but Louis shook his head, sighing deeply.

“Just, listen, okay?” Louis asked and Marcel groaned, but nodded, pushing his glasses up his nose as Louis took another deep breath before he went on talking.

“I agreed on the bet because I was pretty bored, I didn’t knew I had to trick you but Zayn blackmailed me with something he knows about me that the others don’t and I couldn’t say no so… I did. But… well, this is a bit cliché but somewhere along the road you made me fall for you; I fell hard for you and I’m not in the business of denying the true facts. I was going to tell you about it after prom, but Zayn did before I could do anything, okay? I was planning on being completely honest with you. Maybe I could’ve told you earlier, but I was scared – not only about how you will react, but also about how I felt for you, how much you mean to me, I never felt this towards someone in my life,” Louis spoke before he sighed, running a hand through his dyed-hair.

“It's the scariest thing ever to realize how much someone means to you. When it hits you, I mean really hits you, all these thoughts and questions rush through your head at once. A sad emotion even starts to creep on you slowly inch by inch as you start to wonder. What if for some reason things don't work out? How are you possible going to live without them? Someone that was once a stranger now is the person you know like the back of your hand. Someone you once had no emotions for, now has the power to break your heart. Someone you never used to hang out with no owns most of your time. Someone you never thought you'd love now owns your entire heart. Someone you once lived without, you now wish to hold onto forever.”

Marcel gulped for a second and looked at Louis without making a move. For a second even his breathing stopped, but he knew he was alive; he could feel his heart racing in his chest and his palms were getting sweaty. Marcel was nervous about the confession Louis just made – he basically poured his entire heart out to Marcel and the nerdy boy had no idea what to do with the information he just got, or what to say to not break Louis more.