Chapter 15 - Broken Pieces.

“You were my strongest weakness

Took advantage of my love

You used me over and over

Till you used me up

It hurts so bad

I can barely breathe

Gotta save me,

From my addiction.”

~

Marcel was still dressed in his suit when he woke up the next morning. He knew that he should’ve taken it off, but he couldn’t find himself doing so the evening – everything that was on his mind was about going to sleep to not think about the evening that started off so promising.

As he woke up, he didn’t bother to move out of his bed. He simply got up, changed into sweats and went back to bed. He pulled the covers over his head and buried his face into his pillow. The tears were running out of his eyes without him making an attempt to stop them. He couldn’t find a reason to, no one was there to see them; he was on his own. Marcel was alone.

 Marcel had locked his door and he didn’t hear the various attempts from Harry and Anne to talk to him by knocking on his door due to the headphones he plugged into his hear. Music was streaming out of them and lyrics were everything Marcel could hear.

I'm falling apart, I'm barely breathing; with a broken heart that's still beating.

Marcel was hurting; he wanted nothing more than to just stop breathing so this pain stopped. His heart was shattered into million pieces.

In the pain, there is healing, in your name I find meaning.

So I'm holding' on, I'm holding' on, I'm holding' on, I'm barely holding' on to you.

Marcel thought he had found love in Louis, the one person he could trust with his life, trust with his fears. He trusted Louis and he couldn’t do anything but regret it in this very moment. However, a part of him couldn’t let go of Louis, and Marcel had no clue if it was because the wounds were so fresh, maybe it was the fact that Marcel was in love with Louis and a part of him still believed in the good in Louis.

His heart told him that Louis loved him, that this was a huge misunderstanding but his brain was telling him the truth – that he was just part of a bet from Louis and Zayn.

Sighing, Marcel turned off the music and pushed the covers off him. Coldness embraced his body but he ignored it and walked over to the door. He stepped out of the door and walked downstairs into the kitchen where Anne and Harry where sitting at the table talking, but their conversation died down as Marcel entered the room.

“Marcel, how are you?” Harry asked but Marcel didn’t answer him and went to the fridge instead. He pulled open the door but closed it almost immediately, not finding the will to eat.

“Are you okay?” Harry asked once again, looking at his brother in concern. Marcel shrugged and sighed. He walked over to the table und sat down next to Harry.