Chapter 13 - "Can we talk?"

Marcel walked into his home and slammed the door shut behind him, not caring if his mother would hear it or not. He kicked off his shoes, hung his coat onto the hallstand and then ran up the stairs into his room where he threw himself on his bed.

He buried his face in his pillow and he wanted to cry, but he couldn’t. His emotions were mixed with anger and sadness. He regretted it that he didn’t punch Harry before leaving – he deserved it. Marcel felt betrayed.

He groaned and grabbed his phone. He unlocked the screen, tapped on the message symbol and opened a new text message before tying something.

Text message to Lou <3;

Can we talk?

Marcel sent the message and tossed his phone onto his pillow before he leant back, his back hitting the cold wall behind him. He pulled his knees up to his chest and wrapped his arms around his legs, sighing. He was anxious about Louis’ reply – he wasn’t ready to lose the only person who ever showed love towards him. He wasn’t ready to lose the person he loved with all his heart just because his brother was jealous or something.

Suddenly there was a knock on the door and the door creaked open, revealing Anne standing in the doorway. Concern was written over her face and she stepped into the room, closing the door behind her.

“Are you okay? I heard the front door slam as you came in,” Anne asked as she sat down on the edge of Marcel’s bed, looking at her son.

“Yes,” Marcel replied briefly, burying his face in his arms.

“Don’t lie to me, I can feel that there’s something wrong, why aren’t you at your dad’s house today?” Anne questioned and Marcel looked up, tears burning in his green eyes.

“Because my brother is a fucking asshole and I can’t fucking stand looking at him knowing I’m not allowed to hit him until he feels the pain I do,” Marcel sneered and used the back of his hand to wipe the tears away.

Anne sighed and pulled Marcel into her embrace. “What did Harry do?”

Marcel simply shook his head and shoved Anne away. “It’s nothing important, you either ask him or you’ll never know. Can I be alone now?”

Anne nodded and got up, walking out of the room. Marcel sighed in relief as the door closed and he grabbed his mobile, unlocking the screen once again just to see that he hadn’t received a single message.

He hadn’t gotten a “yes” from Louis, and neither had he gotten a “no”. Waiting for the reply was tearing him up inside and he felt utterly awful.

~

It took a lot of strength for Marcel to get out of bed the next day. It almost pained him physically. He hadn’t gotten a reply from Louis yet and he was afraid to face him today, but he knew he couldn’t simply skip school just because he was a coward.

But it was the moment when Marcel stood in front of the building that he questioned if he should do this, but he knew he had to do it, so he pulled himself together and walked into the building and over to his locker which he opened.

He grabbed a few books and shoved them into his bag, zipping it up before he closed the locker door. He shouldered his bag and pushed his glasses up his face. He turned around and his eyes immediately fell upon a certain black-haired, kinda short guy who stood next to Zayn, leaning against the lockers. Louis’ eyes locked with Marcel’s for a second before Louis looked to the ground.

Marcel swallowed and turned around, walking away into a different direction, heading to his math lab. The sight of Louis left his stomach tied into knots and he felt weak – it was mystery that he didn’t break down crying in the second their eyes locked, and Marcel wondered why he bothered staying strong. Everyone at school already hated him, everyone already thought of him as weak and gay, so what harm could crying to?

~

As the bell rang, signaling it was lunch Marcel was tempted to walk out of school, but without knowing it he found himself walking towards the cafeteria as he spotted Louis standing by his locker without Zayn or some other person near. Marcel pulled all strength he had together and walked up to Louis, clearing his throat.

Louis turned around, his gaze hardening as he met Marcel’s eyes. Louis closed his locker and sighed heavily, looking at Marcel. “What do you want?” he hissed.

“I want to talk to you. Did you get my text message yesterday?” Marcel asked and Louis nodded.

“Yeah, I got it, but as you may know, I ignored it. You made it clear that you don’t want anything to do with me. You told me to never contact you again. It’s not my fault that you’re bipolar, but I don’t want to get hurt yet another time, goodbye Marcel,” Louis replied and was about to turn away as Marcel grabbed his arm, stopping him from walking away.

“I never said that!” Marcel said. “I wasn’t in school that day, it was my brother, you know him, I mentioned him. We’re identical.”

Louis raised his eyebrows. “Well, why should your brother break us up?” Louis asked even though deep down he knew exactly why, he remembered the time Harry threatened him in the park.

“He’s jealous or something, I didn’t ask. I just thought you wanted to know that I never broke up with you, I couldn’t break up with you,” Marcel spoke, letting go of Louis’ arm.

Marcel turned around to walk away as he knew he had said everything he needed to say as he felt Louis grabbing his arm. Before he could react he was spun around and pressed against the lockers, the sweet feeling of Louis’ lips on his made his breath hitched and it took a few seconds before Marcel kissed Louis back happily.

Louis eventually pulled away and Marcel smiled at the blue-eyed boy. “So you forgive me?” Marcel asked and Louis bit his lip, nodding.

“You actually never did anything wrong, I’m sorry, Marcel,” Louis said softly and Marcel pushed his glasses up his nose, smiling at Louis.

“So, still wanna go to prom with me?” Louis asked and Marcel nodded almost immediately.

“Yes!” Marcel answered and Louis smiled. “Okay, then I guess we’re having a date in two days,” Louis said with a wink.

~

Sorry for taking so long to update, I kinda have a writing block about this one, but the next chapter is going to be better AND longer – the prom! :D

Anyways, vote! <33