Chapter 3 - "That sounds like a bet..."

Louis sat in Zayns house and Zayn was sitting next to him, pleasurably smoking the cigarette he lit himself a few minutes ago. “Want a drag?” Zayn offered and looked at Louis who shrugged and took the cigarette. He put it between his lips, dragged on it before he handed the cigarette back to his raven-haired friend and exhaled the blue smoke into the air.

“Oi, Lou,” Zayn suddenly said and Louis’ head snapped over to Zayn, looking at him expectantly. “What?” he replied and Zayn exhaled smoke before he started to talk.

“Do you have a date for prom?” Zayn asked and looked at Louis, the smaller boy shrugged as response, causing Zayn to lift up his eyebrows. “What is this supposed to mean?” he asked confused.

“Well,” Louis started. “It means that I have no date, but I don’t really worry about it, I can get everyone I want,” he said with a big grin on his face and Zayn snickered.

“What?” Louis asked indignantly and Zayn shrugged, the grin not disappearing.

“Well, you’re pretty handsome, I have to give you that,” Zayn said. “But I don’t think everyone wants you, like… you can’t lay your eyes on a person and bam, they want to be your date for prom. Trust me, it’s not that easy.”

Louis’ smirk grew wider and Zayn raised his eyebrows in confusion.

“Do I smell a bet there,” Louis announced and suddenly there was a smirk playing on Zayns lips as well and he nodded. “What are the rules?” Zayn asked.

“Well, we’ll see if I get the person I want for prom, and if I actually appear with the person, you have to stop blackmailing me with my secret, and if I don’t appear with the person…” Louis thought for a moment. “Well, then I’ll do anything you want for a month.”

Louis looked at Zayn who nodded approvingly. “There’s one condition,” Zayn announced and Louis raised his eyebrows and shot his friend a quizzical glare.

“I get to choose the person you have to convince about… well, dating you at least until after prom,” Zayn said with an evil grin on his face and Louis nodded, holding out his hand and Zayn took it, shaking it.

“It’s on,” Zayn said and Louis nodded as well. “So, when are you going to tell me who the lucky person who gets the Tommo is?”

Zayn shook his head, laughing. “Be patient, I will tell you as soon as I found your perfect match,” Zayn said and lit himself another cigarette.

Little did Louis know, Zayn already knew who was supposed to be Louis’ date for prom.

~

Marcel sat in living room and flicked through the TV but he couldn’t find himself being interested in a show that was on. Marcel wasn’t choosy about what to watch, but it was one of these days were you can flick through the channels a thousand times without finding anything that catches your attention.

While Marcel repeatedly pressed the buttons on the remote control, his thoughts wandered over to what happened at school. Marcel expected to be in pain at this moment, but thanks to Louis, Marcel wasn’t, but he was confused; beyond confused.