Chapter 7 - "Will you go out with me?"

Marcel literally couldn’t concentrate on the film, but it wasn’t a surprise. He was laying in the arms of the boy he was in love with for years. Even though Louis didn’t really paid attention to the nerdy boy in his arms, Marcel didn’t mind, lying in Louis ’arms was enough for him, it was the best reason to smile life gave him so far.

Marcel’s skin prickled on the spots where Louis’ touched him, it was quite cliché but Marcel enjoyed this feeling, well, fact was he enjoyed just being with Louis, just a week ago Louis’ almost broke Marcel’s nose.

Funny how life can play, right?

~

“Are you sure that you don’t need a ride?” Louis asked, his blue eyes looking right into Marcel’ green eyes.

Both of the boys were standing in front of Louis’ house, Marcel was about to leave and despising Louis’ countless offer to drive Marcel with his car, Marcel was about to walk home.

Once again, Marcel shook his head and pushed his glasses up to avoid them falling onto the ground; his lips twitched into a smile as he looked at Louis. “I’m good, thanks anyway,” he reassured Louis who nodded, still looking unsure about letting Marcel walk home when the sun already set, but then again, Marcel was old enough to be able to walk home without being harmed as long as no one purposely attacked him.

“I’ll see you in school then,” Louis said, now returning Marcel’s smile. “I had fun today,” he then added and wrapped his tiny arms around the nerd’s torso, pulling him into a hug and Marcel’s breath hitched as he hugged Louis back, inhaling Louis’ scent which consisted of the faint smell of smoke and vanilla, a smell to die for, that’s what Marcel thought.

Marcel’s body felt cold and empty once Louis let go of the hug, but Marcel smiled it away. “Me too,” he finally answered before he turned around. Shoving his hands into his pockets, he walked down streets.

Louis waited until Marcel was out of sight before he closed the door and smiled. His plan was working.

Zayn would see, Louis wasn’t going to be his personal toy, luck wasn’t on Zayns side.

Not this time.

~

As Marcel walked into school the next day, he was happy because of three reasons, them being his previous day with Louis, the fact that he wasn’t bullied anymore since Louis started being nice and him knowing it was Friday, meaning he could sleep in tomorrow and he would have a movie night with his mother and Harry later than evening.

Marcel was in a genuine good mood, and he hoped no one made it his job to destroy it.

The nerdy boy walked up to his locker, typed in the combination before he pulled open the locker door and grabbed his math book, shoving it into his bag before he looked into the mirror, checking if his hair was slicked back properly, meaning no hair strands were poking out since Marcel really detested his curls before he shut the door, meeting Louis who was standing right behind the door.