Chapter 11 - What is love?

Marcel walked into his house and slammed the door shut, not caring about that he got in trouble if Anne heard it.  

He kicked off his shoes, slipped out of his jacket and carelessly dropped them into a corner before he ran up the stairs, looking himself in his room. 

Throwing himself onto his bed, he grabbed his pillow, burrying his face into the soft fabric and let a groan which was muffled by the pillow. 

Marcel was frustrated and angry - mostly angry at his twin brother. Harry didn't know Louis, he never met him before so who was he to judge?  

There were many theories in Marcels head, explaining why Harry reacted that way, but one theory hurt more than the previous one.  

Suddenly his phone beeped in his pocket. Marcel sighed, got it out and unlocked the screen, looking at the message.  

Text message from Harry; 

Listen Marcel. I'm sorry but I have my reasons. I can't explain it but PLEASE stop seeing Louis!  

Marcel groaned as he typed a quick "Fuck you" and sent it before tossing the phone onto his pillow. 

Louis was lying in his bed while Zayn was sitting on the coach and played some video games without really paying attention to Louis.  

To be honest, Louis had no idea why he was spending his time with Zayn - probably because Zayn was Louis' only friend.  

They were popular at school, but more in an "everybody knows and fears them" way instead of the "everybody knows and loves them" way.  

Zayn and Louis knew each other since primary school, but the only thing they had in common was the love for tattoo's and pointless bets.  

The bets - they were history, and probably the only thing they did when they didn't play video games. Usually the bets involved a third person getting hurt, and Louis usually could care less about this person's feelings, but it was a different feeling when it came to Marcel.  

Louis couldn't say why, maybe it was because he was kinda scared after the incident with Harry before - or maybe because Louis enjoyed Marcel's company, probably more than he enjoyed to have Zayns company.  

Whenever Louis was near Marcel, his heart started to beat harder and he had the urge to smile as if the sun was never going to set. Sparks were exploding on his skin when the nerdy boy touched Louis and everything sounded cliché - everthing started out as a bet but both people ended up falling in love with each other. 

Louis was scared of what he was feeling; despising all the relationships Louis had in his life, he had never felt anything like this. Everything about his previous relationships was about sex, not about feelings.  

So, was Louis in love with Marcel? 

"What are you doing?" Zayn said, cutting Louis out of his thoughts and Louis turned his head. His eyes fell upon his "best friend" who paused the game and lookes at Louis wjo shrugged.  

"I don't know," Louis replied. "Just... thinking."  

Zayn snorted and giggled at Louis. "Dude, seriously? Thinking? How gay can you get," he mocked before carelessly continuing the game.  

Louis sighed and turned his head away. Louis wasn't sure why he expected anything; Zayn never was there for someone unless it involved drugs, alcohol or anything else that most likely was illegal. 

Louis was alone - he might be with Marcel and Zayn, but he was alone, at least that's what he felt.  

~  

(the next day)  

Harry felt uncomfortable doing this; he felt like he was betraying his brother but he knew this was for the best 

It would save Marcels heart from being broken.  

Harry knew Marcel wasn't in school today, he had a check-up at the ophthalmologist because he might need new glasses, and that was Harrys chance.  

He had dressed up as Marcel and was standing in front of Marcels school - he had his hair slicked back, wore sweater vest and as he walked over the school yard, people eyed him and snickered.  

That was what made Harry think - either everyone noticed he wasn't Marcel, or Marcel went through this everyday.  

Harry hurried over the school yard and entered the building. Harry had been at Marcel's school before so he found it quite easy to find his brothers locker.  

"Hey Mars," someone suddenly purred into his ear and Harry felt arms being wrapped around his torso; the high pitched voice told Harry he found whom he had been looking for - Louis.  

Harry turned around and shoved Louis away, leaving him to shot him a confused look.  

"Are you okay?" Louis asked concerned and Harry nodded.  

"I am, but don't touch me," he replied and he didn't have to act to sound disgusted. Louis raised his eyebrow.  

"What's wrong?" Louis asked perplex and Harry shook his head, glaring at Louis.  

"Think about it, I'm sure you'll find It yourself - we''re over. Delete my number and never call me again," Harry spat and turned around, walking out of the building before Louis could reply.  

Harry knew he had done the right thing, but he couldn't help but feel like he just made a huge mistake.