Chapter 5 - "Good Intentions."

Marcel walked down the stairs and he was trying his best to not as nervous as he actually was; he was utterly nervous, he had no idea why Louis was here, and he wasn’t sure if he wanted to know.

Marcel took one last, deep breath before he pressed down the door handle and pulled open the door, revealing Louis standing on his doorstep; he looked gorgeous as ever and Marcel could feel how his heart started to beat faster the second his green eyes met Louis’ ocean eyes, his heart was beating so fast and so loud that he was sure it was soon going to jump out of his chest, right into Louis’ face.

“Hey,” Marcel eventually said as he calmed down a bit. His lips formed a little smile as he looked at Louis who looked back at Marcel.

“Hello,” Louis replied, smiling as well as Marcel took a step aside. “Want to come inside?” he suggested and Louis nodded, walking past Marcel and Marcel closed the door as soon as Louis was inside.

None of the boys said anything before Marcel cleared his throat, trying to break the awkward silence. “Follow me to my room,” he said and walked up the stairs, Louis on his heels; Marcel entered his room and grabbed the guitar that was still lying on his bed and placed it onto the holder as Louis entered the room.

“I didn’t know you were playing guitar,” Louis said as he sat down on a chair and Marcel dumped down on his bed, shrugging.

“I don’t play,” the boy with the glasses lied. “It’s my mums, I just tuned it again, it was a bit out of tune when my mum played it earlier,” he explained and Louis nodded, looking confused but he didn’t carry it on.

Louis had no idea what he should do as he looked around Marcel’s room. Words couldn’t describe how much he hated Zayn for putting him through this, out of all the people Zayn could’ve chosen, he chose Marcel. But then again, the bet was Louis’ idea after all, and he knew Zayn, he should’ve expected Zayn to do this. Well, Louis did, but he didn’t expect Zayn to be that mean.

Marcel’s room looked like nothing like Louis had expected, he expected big book shelves filled with books about science, history and all the stuff Marcel was good at, basically school because Marcel knew so much stuff that wasn’t in school books, or it probably was, Louis couldn’t know, he hardly ever touched his books.

“So… would you like to tell me the real reason why you wanted to hang out with me?” Marcel suddenly asked, cutting Louis out of his thoughts.

Louis’ head snapped to Marcel and he swallowed before he started to speak up. “I told you, I wanted to hang out with you.” Louis’ lips formed into a crooked smile and Marcel nodded, but the look on his face was telling Louis that Marcel didn’t fully believed him, but the black-haired boy didn’t mind.

He was going to prove Marcel that he had good intentions, even though they were faked. The fact that Marcel believed him was everything that was important right now.

“So… tell me about you,” Louis said and looked at Marcel who was sitting on his bed, his arms crossed in front of his chest and Marcel raised his eyebrows.

Marcel felt uncomfortable with Louis being here, but on the same side he didn’t want Louis to leave. It was the fact that he didn’t know Louis’ plan that made the entire situation uncomfortable for the nerdy boy.