Chapter 2 - "Don't tell anyone this happened."

“Mum, I’m home,” Marcel called into the house as he kicked off his shoes and he barely slipped out of his coat as he was attacked from behind, being pulled into a bone crashing hug.

“Marshmallow!” Harry giggled as he jumped off Marcel, grinning at him which caused Marcel to roll his eyes. He glared at Harry as he hung his coat on his hallstand before Harry walked into the kitchen, Marcel following him on his heels.

“Hey Marcel,” Anne greeted Marcel with a kiss on the forehead before she turned her attention back to the food that she has been cooking. “How was school?” she then asked.

“It was okay,” Marcel lied, ignoring the faint pain in his stomach as he put on a fake smile and Anne smiled back, buying her son’s lie.

Harry sat down on the chair next to Marcel and pulled his phone out of his pocket right before he started to type a message. Marcel looked over to Harry and Harry looked up as he noticed he was being stared at and he glared at Marcel.

“What?” he eventually said and Marcel shrugged. “I was wondering who you’re texting, but I assume it’s the next girl,” he said and Harry started to grin, confirming Marcel’s suspicion and Marcel sighed, not wanting to talk about this topic anymore, he was sick of Harry getting everything he wanted while Marcel was the unlucky fellow.

Harry shoved his phone back into his pocket and his eyes found their way to Marcel and he just looked at Marcel until his younger brother raised his head and met identical green eyes looking at him. He raised his eyebrows. “What?”

“Do you have eyes on a girl?” he asked and Marcel tried his best to not let out a sarcastic laugh while he shook his head. Harry sighed. “Isn’t prom coming up? You should seriously get yourself a date,” he said and Marcel just shrugged.

“Dude, I’m serious,” Harry pouted and playfully hit Marcel in the arm, Marcel flinched and looked at Harry and Harry raised his eyebrows, confused about his brother’s reaction but Marcel quickly looked away from Harry. He pushed his glasses up and jumped up from the chair.

“I’m going to do my course work,” Marcel said before he walked up the stairs into his room. He shut the door as soon as he was in his room and took a deep breath.

He sighed as he plumped down on his chair and fetched his math book out of his bag and put in on the desk. As he was flicking through the pages, his thoughts were running in his head.

He was annoyed by Harry, Marcel was aware of the upcoming prom, but he wasn’t planning on going, he could laugh at himself if he liked being laughed at, showing up at prom alone wasn’t uncommon, but Marcel was alone, he had no single friends that would join him.

Even if Marcel tried to get a date, he wasn’t after girls, and it was hard enough for him to find a girl that would go with him; he surely wouldn’t find a gay guy who was willing to show up at prom with the biggest nerd of the school.

The only person Marcel would show up with was Louis, but Louis would just laugh into Marcel’s face if he asked him to prom. Marcel knew Louis wasn’t even into guys, he was kind of dating the head cheerleader Eleanor Calder, well, it wasn’t really dating, it’s nothing more than sex, everyone knew it, but Eleanor and Louis seemed to be perfectly fine with it; friends with benefits, if you say so.