Chapter 1 - "Missed me?"

„Hey, Geek.”

“Look how that nerd is walking.”

“Nerd.”

“Hey, hideous.”

Marcel kept his head down as he was walking through the hallways. The snickering and the insults were a part of his life; he couldn’t pass a hall without hearing it at least once.

Marcel sighed and pushed up his glasses as he kept his gaze fixed on the floor he was walking on. He was walking to his math class and the other students used the lack of supervision to bully

Marcel, just like they did in every break, lunch was so bad that Marcel hid away in a classroom to avoid the others.

Marcel closed his eyes and took a deep breath and one of the popular guys used the chance and shoved his food towards so Marcel tripped and fell face forward onto the floor, dropping his books and his glasses.

“Watch where you’re walking, nerdy,” he heard a deep voice in a thick accent and Marcel needn’t think twice to know that voice belonged to Zayn, one of his main bullies.

Marcel pushed himself off the floor and all he could hear was laughter all around him even though he couldn’t hear who was there. Marcel hadn’t found his glasses yet and without them everything around him was blurry. Marcel helplessly felt around him, hoping that he found his glasses soon as pain shot through his hand and he pulled it back instantly, the laughter around him just grew louder and he felt that someone was near him.

“Aww, sorry, Marcel, I didn’t mean to step onto your hand,” Zayn said sarcastically and slightly pushed Marcel so he fell back onto the floor.

Tears were prickling in Marcel’s green eyes and he tried his best to not let them escape and run down his cheek.

“Leave me alone,” Marcel weakly said in attempt to defend himself, but it only caused Zayn to laugh louder. Zayn stepped closer to Marcel, but Marcel couldn’t see the evil grin that spread across Zayns face but before Zayn could do anything someone got through the crowd.

“What’s going on?” Zayn backed away from Marcel instantly as their chemistry teacher came into sight and Zayn put on an innocent smile, but Ms Carter’s facial expression still was as emotionless as always.

“What’s going on here, guys?” She repeated her question while her gaze flickered back and forth from Zayn to Marcel, and Zayn looked at Marcel, faking concern before he looked back at his teacher.

“Marcel tripped over his own feet and I just wanted to help him up,” he lied, and Ms Carter nodded carelessly.

“Make sure to not cause so much turmoil next time,” she said. “Now Zayn come with me, you’re late for chemistry anyways, Marcel make sure you go to your class fast, the bell rung five minutes ago,” she added and walked away, Zayn following her on the heels.

Marcel, who finally found his glasses, stood up and brushed the dirt off his clothes before he collected his books and walked to his class, mentally preparing himself for what was waiting for him as soon as the bell rung for lunch.