Chapter 9 - "You're perfect the way you are."

The first thing that came to Marcel’s mind as he woke up the next morning was the previous day.

He kissed Louis.

No.

Louis kissed him.

Marcel had to think about it for a little while to grasp the fact that this wasn’t one of his dreams, it actually happened, he actually had a proper date with Louis, and Louis was Marcel’s first kiss.

Sighing, but still with a smile on his lips, Marcel pushed himself out of his bed and walked over to his wardrobe. He usually knew what he was going to wear, but today he hesitated a bit; was he really going to appear in his usual clothes again? What if Louis remembered why he hated Marcel in first place, causing him to act as if the last day didn’t happen in first place?

Marcel shook his head to get rid of the negative thoughts and grabbed his usual clothes; he wore them when Louis asked him out, so what could happen?

~

Marcel walked onto the school ground and kept his head fixed on the ground; if there was one thing he learnt in the years since he started going to school here, it would be to never make eye contact with anyone, it would lead to them feeling offended and Marcel being beat up, or maybe he got beat up because they just thought it was fun, he never questioned it, he knew better than doing that.

Marcel was earlier than most students so the hallway was empty, all students that were there already were standing outside of the building to smoke or to talk to their friends. Marcel walked over to his locker, entered the combination and pulled open the door.

He got out his books, stuffed them into his books and slammed his locker shut as he suddenly felt how arms were wrapped around his torso. Marcel, being afraid of any kind of physical contact in school, flinched a bit and stiffened.

“Relax,” Louis whispered into Marcel’s ear and Marcel immediately calmed down a bit, biting his lower lip to not break out into a huge smile.

“H-Hey,” Marcel replied nervously and Louis pulled away from Marcel, smiling at him.

Louis wouldn’t admit it in his life, but the boy with the glasses made his heart beat a bit faster than it usually did and Louis felt somehow happier than Marcel was around. He neither could understand nor explain it, it was a weird feeling that he never had before, and to be honest, it scared him.

This was a bet, wasn’t it? It was a bet, nothing more, that’s what Louis told himself to calm himself down.

“Are you free today?” Louis asked to get away from his thoughts. “Maybe we can spend the day together, maybe we can go to town and grab something to eat,” the boy with the dyed-black hair suggested and Marcel’s mouth twitched into a smile as he nodded.

“Sure, I’d love to,” Marcel replied, pushing up his glasses and Louis’ eyes lit up a bit.