| Chapter Ten |

Raelyn:

"Trust me, I know the pack rules pretty well now," I respond rolling my eyes.

He chuckles and looks at me with an honest smile. "Those are not the rules I am talking about, but I am glad you remember. I meant rules the Luna must follow as an Alpha's mate." It was the first time hearing it out loud, I a Luna, Scarlet Moon's Luna... His Luna.

"If we are in public, you may hate me all you want, but do not raise your voice at me in front of our pack. Do not run away from me, I need to know where you are at all times for your safety and my sanity." He pauses and looks to make sure I am listening. "You need to do as I say when I say it and do not disobey me. I am an Alpha and if our pack sees my mate disobeying me and getting away with it, then they will attempt to do the same. We will always sleep next to each other, for our wolves, of course. Oh, and Rae?" He smirks and winks at me, "never, ever go wondering off our land."

I did not even react to his list of so called "rules," I was too focused on the fact he said our land. I hate this dreadful land, but I love Drake's land. I miss Drake, even though he said such awful things about me. My heart breaks at the thought of him, he must have just been upset and taken by surprise, he did not mean it. I hate Dylan for taking me away from him and the pack we had together. I hate him for bringing me here, I hate him for being my mate, I just hate him.

Dylan

"So," I say making her jump, snapping her out of her thoughts. "As of now, That is all I can think of. Are you going to follow these rules, or will I have to command you to follow them?" She turns her head to look out the window, wanting to be looking anywhere but at me. "Rae, answer me," I say sternly.

She huffs out in annoyance, making me look at her confused. "It is Raelyn to you. Stop calling me Rae," she snaps at me angrily.

My wolf gets angry at the reminder that she only allows those she loves to call her Rae, and she will never let me. My wolf comes to surface and I stand up frustrated running my hands through my hair. "Stop being so damn frustrating!" I boom out, letting my wolf show. "I am your fucking Alpha, and I am trying my hardest to be patient with you. Follow my rules and stop disrespecting me or I promise I will punish you in ways that will destroy this disrespectful you! Do you understand me?!" She flinches at my shouting and tears outline her eyes once again, but yet to fall.

"Yes Alpha," she says making it abundantly clear that she sees me as only that: her new Alpha and nothing more. I was hurt again, an emotion I have not allowed myself to feel for a long time. She goes to try and hide her face by turning it to the side, but not before I see a tear finally slip from the corner.

My wolf steps back and I lean to her, wiping her tears away. "Raelyn, I am sorry. I just, I am not used to having someone test me, and gosh you sure know how to. I am trying to learn how to be patient and understanding, please be patient with my patience. This is new to me too. I am sorry," I say apologetically and surprisingly vulnerable. I know saying sorry will not make it okay.

She jumps off the bed and heads towards the bathroom. I chase after her and grab her by the wrist not wanting her to close herself in. I try to show her how I felt, guilt and honest regret, but it is not enough. "What Dylan? How do you possibly expect me to be alright with all of this? With all of you?" She yells. "You were doing perfectly fine without me, you know, the 'whore.' I will not stay here and let you try to command me and act all dominant. Yes, you are unfortunately my mate and new Alpha, neither by choice I will remind you. But that does not mean you can just demand my respect and obedience." She yanks her hand from me and steps back. "You have to earn my respect, Dylan, and so far, I have absolutely none for you. To me, you are nothing but the evil monster who tried to make me a rogue. Drake is the one who saved me, he has my respect and heart," she stops as another tear slips out. "and you never will."

With that, she runs to the bathroom and locks the door. Her quiet sobs break my heart into pieces. She is too good for me, I need to control my wolf. I cannot be the mate she hates, I cannot be my father. I won't be.

XOXOSecretWriter

Please be patient with my updates, I have a lot of mental stuff I am working on. Much love.