| Chapter Fourteen |

Dylan:

I make my way up to our bedroom, still angry. I hoped the run would calm me down, but it was not enough. Nothing will be enough until she learns her place in this pack and as my mate. "Raelyn! We need to talk!" I growl walking into our room, slamming the door behind me. What she did today was completely unacceptable, she must be punished. If it was anyone else, running from an Alpha and disobeying one could cost them their lives.

I hear sniffles coming from under the bed covers, making my wolf whimper in guilt, which is a new emotion for him. My mate had been crying and I was the reason. I walk over to her and crawl into the bed to try and snuggle up next to her. All the anger I had washed away the moment I touched her. However, my anger must have transferred over to her because she quickly pushes me away and stands up. She storms into the bathroom and I smirk about what she will soon find.

"Are you fucking kidding me?!" She yells opening the door back up, damn she looks sexy when she is angry. "You seriously switched out the handle to not have a fucking lock?! When did you even have the time to do it?"

I get up and walk to her, closing the door back behind her. "I got my staff to do it, they also put bars outside the windows and locks only I can open to the balcony doors. They will remain until I can fully trust you, which is going to take time after today." I pause. "I guess now I won't need to worry about you escaping because of my command." She huffs and rolls her eyes, that must be her favorite thing to do. It is a habit in need of breaking. "Now. We must talk, go sit on the bed Raelyn," I order putting my hand at her lower back guiding her to the bed.

She opened her mouth lost at words and settled with another huff. She continues walking to the bed and sits down while crossing her arms and looking away. I clench my jaw in reaction to her disrespect, I am growing tired of her tough girl act. "Drop the attitude, Raelyn. Are you even aware of how much trouble you are in? You must know there has to be consequences, you almost created a war between two packs." I see her eyes start to widen and tears build up.

She looks down at her twiddling thumbs, "Can I just go to bed please, Dylan?" She finally showed some respect, I would have let her, but my wolf did not want her to go to sleep until we finished our conversation and she got her rightful punishment.

I put my hand on her face the way she put her hand on Drake's face, trying to comfort her. She surprisingly allows it, and I could have sworn I felt her lean into my hand. "how about we change into our nightwear? I have to make a few phone calls and I will be back, and we can sleep." She looks up at me with my hand still resting on her face and my thumb rubbing her dampened cheek. "What is it, my love?" I ask wanting to hear her thoughts.

She sat for a moment as if she was deciding on if she should say anything. "You just seem calm now, and I guess I was wondering, you are not sleeping in here, right? Like, you have your own room, right?" She looks at me with hopeful eyes, but I just chuckle.

I take my hand off her face and back up reaching into my pockets. "No babe, you should have been listening earlier. We are going to be sharing this room, we are mates after all," I say waiting for her argument, but much to my surprise, never came. "Now, how about you go put on some pajamas now, there are some clothes in the dresser over there. I will be right back, okay?" She nods slowly, and I walk out of our room to call Kyle and the guards about tomorrow's border patrol since I will be too busy to do my share.

Raelyn:

As he walks out of what I guess is now considered our room, I walk over to the dresser and open the drawers to Dylan's clothes. I then realize, I do not have any of my things from Drake's house, including any of my clothes. Not wanting to sleep in the dirty dress I found, I grab the first large shirt of Dylan's I see. I open a few other drawers and eventually found some of his gym shorts and put them on. Unfortunately, every time I would pull them up and let go, they fall back to the ground. I try rolling them, but event hat was not successful. After a few tries, I grew frustrated with the shorts and just took them off. Luckily, Dylan's shirt was long enough that it came down to my lower thigh. It was just as short as the dress I was wearing, but cleaner. It also made my wolf happy smelling our mate on me.

I put the shorts back in the dresser and make my way to the bed tiredly. I sit down to make myself comfortable and pull the covers over my exposed legs. Dylan walks in the door and his eyes stay glued to me. "You look adorable in my clothes, babe," he says genuinely smiling at me, first time he has not smirked. I don't respond, instead I look down at my twiddling thumbs to distract myself from what I really want to discuss. "What is it, Raelyn?" He asks making his way to the bed.

I still do not respond, I just continue looking at my thumbs. That is until he gently takes my nervous hands to put into his warm, comforting ones. I do not know where to look or what to do to distract me, so, I look in his eyes and they show honest concern. "Well, um, you see... I noticed I don't have any of my things. My clothes, my books, family heirlooms, everything is there," I pause knowing I might make him mad. "And I am kind of mad at you," I mumble. I do now know why I feel like I could cry, normally when I am mad, I yell and speak my mind. He makes me feel vulnerable and weak.

He rubs his thumb on my hands, his signature move that my wolf loves. He takes a minute to respond, "There," he says making me confused. "I just linked my third in command and some servants to go and get your things tomorrow. That problem is solved, but I need to know why you are mad at me to fix the problem, Hun." Instead of getting mad at me being mad, he surprisingly was curious and wanting to fix it.

I was unsure of how to put my thoughts into words. Then I finally realized what was truly upsetting me, "They are my pack, Dylan." I look back down, and he growls standing up.

My wolf whimpers at the loss of his warm hold on my hands. I look for his hands missing their touch when I see them clinching with rage. "There are not your pack, Raelyn! I am your mate, which makes you part of my pack! This pack! You are the Luna of OUR pack!" I look away hating this side of him but should have expected it.

I slowly make my way out from under the covers to walk to him. His eyes shot at my legs noticing I am not wearing any pants and he breathes in deep. "I know I am now a part of your pack, Dylan." I said touching his chest with both my hands craving his warmth. "But, for the last two years, they were my pack, they were my family. Drake never let me leave the pack house gates without him afraid I would run into a rogue. So, I spent everyday with the maids and staff, those who worked in the pack house." I took my hands off his chest and covered my own with my arms bracing myself. "I want to see them, Dylan." I tried giving him the best puppy dog face that used to work on Drake. "Please." I feel as if I have the right to say goodbye, I do not know why I am even asking for permission other than the stupid command he has on me to not leave without permission.

I watched him as if he was fighting his inner thoughts. After a few seconds he responds, "No! God when are you going to understand, Rae? That pack can no longer exist in your world, you will make friends here. This is your new family. I am your new family." My wolf loved what he said, but talking about family brought back my worst memory.

-XOXOSecretWriter