Chapter 9

I blink. No. "I walk over to her & begin rubbing her back comfortably. "Howd this happen?" She sniffles, raising her head from her hands.

"I dont know. I just remember his friend Connor calling me one night saying that Ricky doesnt know who they were." She shakes her head & rubs her eyes. "I dont know what to think about all this." She throws her hands up in defeat, then walks out.

Neither can I.

********************

"Hey mum!?" I shout down the hall. I had no idea what to wear to Rickys little gathering he's having for us to tonight. I was torn between a very subtle outfit, & a more formal one.

Mum runs into my room, her hair wrapped up in her towel. She was wearing her favorite pair of denim light wash jeans, with a red cross-body cardigan, & a white cami under it. I shake my head. "Mum, do you not know how to dress properly?"

She pouts. "But muuuuuum!" She teases, poking at my stomach. I swat her away. "Im kidding, Im kidding." I gesture to my closet. "Now help ME."

**************

We arrive at Rickys small apartment . It was cute for 4 guys who live in. I knock on the front door. "Who is it?" A voice asked from behind it. I roll my eyes. "Its the easter bunny, now open up!"

The door swings open, standing infront of me is Trevor. "Hey Courtney!" He moves to the side so Nalla, my Mum, & I can walk in. The apartment walls were a snow white, & there were mac computors everywhere. Geez, talk about a youtubers cave.

"Welcome to my- I mean our apartment!" Kian says, opening up his arms. I laugh. "Thank you." He leads up to the small kitchen, were Ricky is busting his ass cooking food. "Hey you guys made it!" He practically runs towards us & wraps us in a very tight bear hug.

"Are you wearing an apron?" Nalla asks, pulling at his shirt. He looks down at her & smiles.

"Well, why dont we all take a seat!" Ricky claps his hands. "Hey wheres the bathroom?" I ask. I swear I have a bladder the size of a pea. Connor points down the hall. "3rd door to the right." He smiles, his teeth sparkling.

Holy shit why are all of Rickys friends so hot?

I say thank you, then walk down the hall & into the room connor directed me too. It was a sma bathrrom, but hey, it had a toilet.

"Is anyone in here?" Someone asks, lightly tapping on the door. "Yes." I reply. "Courtney?" It was Jc. "Yeah hi. Nows not the right time to talk im, uh, im pissing so." He laughs. "Alright. Ill see you at the table." I hear his shoes tapping away on the wooden floor as he walks away to the kitchen.

After Im done relieving myself, I wash my hands & head back to the kitchen/dining room area. "Feeling better Courtney?" Ricky throws back his head in laughter. Jc turns around in his seat to face me, his eyes widen. "You look, amazing." I smile, my cheeks turning red.

Im wearing a floral print high-low sun dress, with my hair in a neat bun, my bangs in a little bump on the top if my head.

"Alright alright, lets eat!" Sam claps his hands together & licks his lips. Does he always eat this much? I giggle at how silly Sam is. "Thanks again for coming out tonight guys." Ricky says, looking at me smiling. I nod. "Its no problem Ricky, really."

We all load up our plates with salad, chicken patties, & bread rolls, talking about our summer so far & our plans for the future.

Before I knew it, it was time to go back home.

"You should come over more often." Jc whispers in my ear as we hug. I chuckle. "Sure, why not? Tomorrow at 12, see you then." I pull away, smiling. "Its a date." He says, biting his lip.