Chapter 13

After Sam & I's date at the zoo, we went to the apartment.

"Hey!" Connor says as we walk in. Sam smiles at his best friend. "Whered you two go today?" He asks, slipping on his toms. "The zoo." I reply. "Where are you going?"

He grabs his sunglasses & Rickys car keys. "To the studio to film for AwesomenessTv. Wanna come?" I look at Sam, & he nods his head. "Have fun, be safe please." I kiss him goodbye & follow Connor out of the door & to the car.

"So whats AwesomenessTv?" I ask, getting in. "Its this TV show that my friend Ttylea is on. You might have seen her on Shake It Up." I laugh. "I dont watch TV that much, so no I have no idea how she is." He puts the car in reverse & backs out of the drive way & onto the road. "Well in that case, I think youre going to like her. Shes very nice." I smile, finally happy that Ill be able to make a female friend.

Back in Hawaii, I only really had 4 very close friends. They were like sisters to me. We would do literally everything together, & we hardly ever got into arguments.

"We're here!" Connor announces. We pull up infront of a big cement red building, with 'ATV' above the front doors. Connor & I get out of the car & walk into the building when a very skinny girl with dark brown hair greets us. "Connor!" She screams, wrapping her arms around is neck. ""Ttylea! This is my friend Courtney." She lets go of Connor & walks up to me. "Its nice meeting you! Youre Rickys sister right?" I nod. "Yes. Its nice meeting you too! Connor was telling me a little about you." She smiles at Connor, then gestures to the studio.

"Connor you'll be on in about 15 minutes. Courtney you can join me over there!" She points to a red sofa that was next to table full of snack s& drinks. Connor walks off into the dressing room, leaving just Ttylea & I. We sit down on the sofa. "So are you new here to California?" She asks, picking up 2 cans of soda & handing one to me. I take it & smile. "Not really. Ive been living here for almost 2 months now." She takes a swig of her soda. "Thats cool! Hey maybe we can hangout tomorrow? I dont have to be in the studio, so."

"Thatll be great!" I say excitedly. She asks for me phone & I hand it to her. She puts her number into my phone.

"Ill see you tomorrow! I have to get on." She hugs me goodbye, then gets up & walks onto the set.

*******************

"Thats a rap! Good job guys!" The camera man says, pointing the camera away from Connor & Ttylea. I clap my hands, both of them walking towards me. "That was great!" I say, hugging them both. "Thank you!" Ttylea says. "Maybe you can be on a future episode!" She squeezes my arm.

"Ready to go?" Connor asks. I nod & hug Ttylea one more time. "It was so nice meeting you! Ill text you later!" She says as we walk out to the car.

"You did great." I tell Connor. He licks his lips. "Thank you. I was actually pretty nervous." He rubs the back of his neck, kicking rocks. "You shouldnt be. Youre a natural Con!" I reassure him.

We get into the car & head back to the apartment.

"Anyway, I noticed you & Ttylea hit it off back there." He says, tapping on the steering wheel. I laugh. "You guys did too!" He gives me a puzzled look. "You do realize shes like, 16 right?" He snorts. "Im 20, Courtney." My mouth drops open. "You are not! You are 17, 18 at the max!" I look at him in shock.

He doesnt even look 20.

"Well Im 20 Court. Besides, Im not looking for someone anyway. I have Youtube to focus on." He turns into the driveway & puts the car in park. "So how are You & Sam doing?" He asks, shifting to face me.

I shrug. "Good actually. He's been better ever since the incident with Jc happened." Connor tilts his head to the side, confused. "Oh right! Yeah. Jc was having some problems with his family back in Texas, & he drinks ehen he's stressed."

"Well that explains it." I laugh, getting out of the car.

Connor gets out and walks over to me. "I just want to warn you though, okay?" He puts his hands on my shoulders. "Jc & Sam. They dont get along that well. So keeo an eye out for them, alright?" I nod. "Yeah, I got it."

He smiles, then walks up the stairs & into the house.