Chapter 26

Courtneys POV

I was tired, but I didnt care. Ive been with Jc in the hospital all week, waiting for him to fully heal & recover.

Its been 2 weeks since the incident, & 2 weeks since Ive talked to Ricky. But I didnt care. Ricky put Jc through this.

"It looks like you, Jc, can go home tomorrow morning!" Announces the red headed nurse. She clasos her hands together smiling. She looks over to me. "You must be Courtney!" She exclaims, rushing over to me. I smile at her warmly. "Yes, haha." I glance at Jc who was smiling, his eyes fixed on me.

"He cant stop talking about you whenever you leave." She rubs her hands together before fiddling with her name tag. I feel myself blush. "Oh, thats sweet of him." I say in a whisper. "Nurse Ramones may you please report to the front desk please." Crackles the overhead.

Talk about saved by the bell.

She excuses herself before rushing out of the room, the door closing silently behind her. "Hows it feel?" I ask, sitting down in the chair next to Jc. He shrugs. "It feels weird, kind of heavy." I purse my lips, trying to imagine how that would feel.

"Heavy?" I lean back beside him, resting my head on his shoulder. He kisses my forehead. "Im glad youre here." He whispers, running his fingers through my hair.

I wanted to stay like this forever, by his side, in his arms.

"You should get going." He finally says, breaking the silence. I nod, exauhsted. "Ill call you when I get back to the apartment tomorrow morning. I love you."

I look back at him, a smile creeping onto my face. "I love you more. Bye baby."

********************

"Im home!" I shout as I walk into the house. I walk into the kitchen to see Ricky leaning against the counter, an apple in his hand. "Wheres mom & dad?" I ask, glaring at him. He shrugs casually. What an asshole. I walk out, huffing.

"Excuse me?" He snaps, stomping into the living room. I stop, turning on my heel to face him. "Nothing." I turn back around towards the stairs when I feel a firm hand on my shoulder.

"I dont want you around Jc. I dont want to see you with him. I dont want to hear you peep a fucking word about him. Got it?"