Chapter 31/A.N

I walk back to the table, away from Sam. Away from the memories -amazing memories- that we had together.

Jc gets up from the booth & walks over to me, putting my face in his hands. "Do you want to go?"

Do I? A part of me is screaming yes. I should go. I need to go. The memories of Sam wont stop flooding my mind. But another part of me doesnt want to go. I dont want to get away from Sam. As much as it hurts to see him with his girlfriend, the memories are a huge comfort.

"No." I give him a toothless smile.

"Okay. But youre okay, right?" He rubs his hands up and down my arms, giving me goosebumps.

"Yeah, im okay." I lie.

I was getting better at lying.

After another three hours at the mall, Jc & I decided to go home.

"Are you sure everythings okay?" His voice fills the silence in the car, making me relax almost instantly.

I nod, not sure he even saw me. "Im just tired. Can you take me home?" He chews on his lip, turning onto my road.

"I was gonna anyway. You need some rest, babe." He stops the car in ny driveway before turning to face me.

"Call me tomorrow, okay? I want to hang-out, just me and you." He smiles at me, placing his warm hands into my thigh.

"Yeah, I will. Bye babe." I climb out of the car & walk into the empty house.

"What did I say?"

What?

I switch on the living room light to see the strange brunette that was all over Connor at the mall.

"Didnt I say that you need to stay away from him?"

Just then, my mouth falls open in realization of who it was.

Acacia.

"Howd you get in?" I was puzzled as to how she could have gotten a key. We didnt have an extra laying under a welcome mat outside, & it wasnt in some fake plants' pot either.

I look at her, confused & annoyed. Who does she think she is? Shes not my mother, let alone my friend. She cant just waltz into my house & boss me around.

"Get out, Acacia." I say through clenched teeth.

This bitch is beginning to piss me off.

She cocks her head to the side, smirking.

"Dont you see, Courtney? Jc doesnt want you. The only reason he wanted to go to the mall in the first place was to see me." She walks towards me, the same smirk still plastered on her caked face.

I clench my fists, my blood boiling inside my veins. "I said," I begin, stepping towards her so that our noses' are almost touching, "Get the fuck out."

If we didnt move here, to California, none of this shit would be happening. I wouldnt be near Ricky, I wouldnt have been put into this bullshit with some twig bitch. You wouldnt have met Jc or Sam. My subconcious says.

"Watch your back, Courtney. I mean it." She pushes past me, her combat boots hitting the porch steps & down the road.

The next morning, I get up & get dressed in yoga pants & a orange tanktop. "Good morning dear." Mom says as I walk down the stairs. I smile. I miss her, Nala, & my dad. I walk over to my mother, who is dressed in a yellow sun dress.

"Hey. Whatcha' making?" I poke through the fridge, hoping to find something to snack on.

"Well, considering its almost 10, a smoked ham sandwhich." She says, looking down at the plate with uncooked ham on it. She turns on one of the front burners, placing a skillet on it.

"Want me to make you one?"

I take a swig of the water i managed to find in the back of the fridge.

"Nah, thanks though. Im going out for a jog, then to Jc's place."

I walk out of the kitchen & towards Nala's room. Tapping on the door, I open it slowly. "Hey Al." I say, walking over to her bed where she was laying. She stirs for a moment before responding.

"I missed you Courtney." She smiles, wrapping her tiny arms around me. "I missed you too." I kiss her forehead before walking back out to stretch.

************************************

A.N

Ho

Ly

SHIT.

hi babes (-: first off, I WOULD LIKE TO APOLOGIZE FOR MY LONG FUCKING ABSENCE I. ive been extremely busy with school work & family issues. My dog recently passed away :c so im sorry guys. but thank you guys SO MUCH for almost 100k READS AND 1K VOTES I. i cried tbh bc i never would have thought ny fanfic would make it this far ♡ also, im sorry this chapter is short :( updating from my phone takes a while so i try making it short yet long. I love you all so much ♡♡♡♡