Chapter 33

Courtneys POV

"Who was that?" I ask Jc as he lowers his phone from his ear. He has a scared yet angry expression hung on his perfect face. It was worrying me.

"Ricky, He's back.." He says slowly. I watch him get up from the bed & towards his closet. "Really?" I hear myself say in almost a whisper. He's been gone for almost 2 months, all if the tension & fear inside of me gone. But now, the wall was starting to rebuild itself, scaring me.

"Jc, I-" I get up, placing my hand on his back. "You do know what this means, right?"

We'd have to break up. Again. I dont want to be stepped on by Ricky, my older brother, but Im terrified, & by the looks of it, so is Jc.

He opens his mouth to say something, but closes it. At that moment, I wanted to know what he was thinking. Did he want to break up? Did he want to just take my hand, get in his car, & drive? A thousand questions began swimming in my head, confusing me. Why did Jc & and I take orders from Ricky? The worst thing he could do is hit me. Or break Jc's ribs. My subconsious adds. I gulp.

"I guess I'll go & pick him up. You should go."

I nod slightly, but a part of me wants to stay. A part of me wants to say "fuck it" & go with Jc to pick up Ricky. A part of me wants to see Rickys face when he sees me with Jc. I begin gathering my things when theres a soft knock at the door. It opens, Kian, Trevor, & Andrea step in. I quickly stuff my clothes into my bag.

"We're going to the beach for some volleyball, wanna come?" Kian asks, hooking his arm around Andreas waist. Volleyball did  sound fun. Besides, I havent really hung out with Trevor or Kian as much. I glance at Jc, whose arms are crossed. I smile. "Yeah. Can we maybe stop by my place? I'd like to change." I gesture towards Jcs sweatpants  & Red Sox shirt that Im wearing. Kian chuckles. "Yeah."

**********************************

"Do you even play volleyball?" Trevor asks, slamming the car door shut. I grab my beach bag & towel from the trunk, slamming it shut before joining them as they walk towards the court. "You kidding? I was the captain of the volley ball team at my old highschool in Hawaii!" Kia puts his hands up out infront of him. "Looks like I'll have to have both you & Andrea on my team."

Andrea throws her head back in laughter. "Hey, I wasnt even good okay."

We walk towards a group of gus who were shirtless, rallying back and forth. "Hey Corey! Jarred!" Kian calls, waving his hands up in the air. 2 boys turn around, revealing their tan, toned bodies & dirty blonde hair. "You guys made it!" The one with braces says.

I recongnize the shorter on from the bonfire.

"Jarred? Hey!"

"Long time no see, Courtney!" He wraps his arms around me, squeezing gently. "Wheres sammers at?" I grab the volleyball out of my bag & walk towards the makeshift court on the sand with him.

Sam? Does he not know that we broke up & Im dating Jc?

"He's around." I say, kicking at the sand.

Trevor runs towards us, clapping his hands. "Alright! Whats the teams?" I shrug, looking at the group of guys on the other side of the net. "Im the only girl." Trevor looks at me before laughing. "Nah. Teala, Morgan, & Lindsay are here."

I feel my head pop up. Teala? Oh my god, I havent seen her ever since the boardwalk. I look around, trying to find a short girl with a skinny frame.

"Courtney!?"

There she is.

I smile, turning around quickly. She runs towards me, her eyes wide open. "I missed you!" I take in her appearence: Her hair is straight, up in a high ponytail. She has no makeup, with the exception of a light red lipstick coloring her plump lips.

We pull away from eachother. "Have you met Morgan & Lindsay?" She asks, popping her gum. I shake my head no, just as 2 red-headed girls sauntered over to us. One of them had long, straight hair. She has a small nose & a very friendly smile. I glance at the other one. She has curly hair that stops just below her collarbones. Her eyes were a dark brown, giving me chills.

"Hi, Im Morgan!" Chirps the one with straight hair.

The one with the curly looks at me, her mouth open as if she wants to say something. "Are you... Did you date Jc?" She finally asks.

Why would she need to know that? Her question takes me aback. "Uh. Yeah, I am. Why do you ask?" Things just got weird.

Before she could answer, Jarred announces that we are about to split up into 2 teams. I clap my hands, relieved that I dont have to stand there awkwardly with a girl who is asking weird questions. Teala, the 2 sisters, & I walk to the group of guys.

"Alright!" Jarred claps his hands, pursing his lips. "Kian & I are the team captains, so he will be picking first." I look over at Kian, who had his arm drapped over Andrea. He takes a moment to think.

"I choose... Andrea." He kisses her on her forehead. They were so cute together, it was disgusting.

Jarred picked Morgan, and it went back and forth until the teams were set. Kian's team was him, Andrea, Lindsay, and four other guys. I was on Jarred's team with Morgan, Teala, and four more guys.

********************************************************

IM SO SORRY THAT I HAVENT BEEN UPDATING AS MUCH AS I SAID I WOULD. school has been stressing me out, and in all honesty, i didnt feel like writing. however, spring break s two weeks from now, & ill be updating a looooot more (i promise) over the break.

OH, & guess what? I met ricky, troye sivanm & tyler oakley while they were here in hawaii! The event was amazing! If youre going to any of the other tour dates, let me know (: I hope you guys have a good day, & for more little updates on my story, follow me on twitter!

www.twitter.com/humpingpottorff