Chapter 29

Great. Just great. I roll my eyes & put on the fakest smile I can on my face before turning around to face them. "Hey guys! What are you guys doing here?" Teala asks, just as surprised. She runs over to Connor & he throws his arm over her shoulder. "We got bored at the house." Trevor says. He sits down on the bench next to us. "Hey baby." Jc says, walking over to me. I nod my head as he hooks his arm around my waist & kisses my cheek.

I should really talk to Jc about the girl in the picture with him. I didnt want to call him out on that infront of his friends though. As satisfying as that sounds, I grab his hand & pull him away from everyone else. "We need to talk." I say flatly. Worry flashes in his eyes as I run my hands through my hair. This whole thing is stressing me out, so I might as well get it over with. "Is everything okay, Courtney?" He asks softly. I shake my head slightly. "No, Jc. Everything isnt okay. Who is that girl you took a picture with? Youre kissing her cheek in the picture." 

He looks at me confused for a second before licking his lips, sighing. 

I prepare myself for what he's about to say; he's cheating on me & that he's sorry. 

"Thats Serenah. My ex." He breathes. Wait, what? Why does he still have a picture with his ex girlfriend? He seems to have read my mind because he says, "She died 3 years ago. In a car accident." I feel my heart drop to my stomach. I lower my head, ashamed at myself for getting so angry at him for the picture. "Oh." Is all I can say. I wanted to find Acacia, where ever she is, & beat the shit out of her. 

Jc sighs, walking over to me. "Its okay, Courtney. I understand why you would get so worked up over it. I didnt tell you about her, Im sorry." I look up into his chocolate brown eyes before pulling him into a hug. "Im so sorry, Jc. I really am."

We stand there, in eachothers arms for what seems like forever until the others call us. "We're gonna go to the movies, you guys wanna come?" Kian asks, his arm draping over Andrea. They are literally so perfect for eachother. I look back at Jc. "Lets go back to my place." He says. 

"Nah, we'll pass!" Jc calls back. He laces his fingers with mine before walking me back to the condo.

******************************

I sit on the couch, pulling Jc down with me. He hovers over me before placing his round lips against mine. Why cant I stay like this, with Jc, with his lips pressed gently against mine, forever? I nibble on his lower lip softly, causing him to grunt in response. "Courtney." Jc says, not breaking the kiss.

"Hm." I hum into his lips. His tongue glides along my lower lip. 

"I love you." He says in a whisper. I giggle, rolling my tongue into his mouth & moving with his. He tugs at my shirt, but I swat his hand away.

 He grunts, but continues kissing me. Then Acacias words echo in my head. If I cant have him, noone can.

I push Jc back, causing him to fall off the couch. I shake my head, wiping my mouths with the back of my hand. "Whats wrong? What did I do?" He asks frantically. I get up off the couch. "I, we. We cant see eachother anymore Jc. Im sorry. But we cant."

His eyes widen at my words. I walk towards the door but Jc turns me around. "Baby, why are you doing this?" He asks softly. I avert my eyes.

If I cant have him, noone can.

I didnt want anything to happen to Jc or myself. Giving into acacia I see, my subconcious hisses. I cringe. No, I dont want to give into that slut. I press my lips to Jcs, causing him to relax. "I love you." I say, before running out of the door & back home.

************